Administrator &
    Editor-in-Chief

Post Thanks / Like

Article Coaching searches fire up around SEC

Coaching searches fire up around SEC
    by Jess Nicholas
    TideFans Editor-In-Chief
    November 25th, 2012 07:12 PM

By Jess Nicholas, TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Nov. 25, 2012   As expected, Auburn decided Sunday it could not continued to tolerate the leadership or lack thereof of Gene Chizik, terminating his contract and those of his assistants.   Chizik’s departure makes four vacancies currently in the SEC. The others are Arkansas, Tennessee and Kentucky. [...]

Read More Here
    Jess Nicholas
    Editor-In-Chief
    TideFans.com

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American AlexanderFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Talkative on TideFans.com

Re: Coaching searches fire up around SEC

Jess, is Jimbo seriously interested in the job or is this a ploy for a raise? What can the barn offer that free shoes u can't?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    Jess, is Jimbo seriously interested in the job or is this a ploy for a raise? What can the barn offer that free shoes u can't?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    There are a lot of folks that want him to go at FSU!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ldlane View Post
    There are a lot of folks that want him to go at FSU!
    Interesting. I know he usually falls short of expectations, but FSU is in a position to win its conference every year because it simply has more talent than most of the conference (which could explain why some FSU alums are upset). I just don't think any coach would leave that opportunity to go to a program with potential NCAA issues, LSU and us (and now A&M) in the same division and its chief rival in the East (UGA) looking better these last two years.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by jps1983 View Post
    Interesting. I know he usually falls short of expectations, but FSU is in a position to win its conference every year because it simply has more talent than most of the conference (which could explain why some FSU alums are upset). I just don't think any coach would leave that opportunity to go to a program with potential NCAA issues, LSU and us (and now A&M) in the same division and its chief rival in the East (UGA) looking better these last two years.
    The realization hit home over the past two weeks with only rising to #10 in the BCS rankings and a loss to Florida yesterday. Winning the ACC means nothing and the competition is not preparing them to be a national contender. He has lot's of critics with his offensive playcalling and refuses to get an OC to run the show.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

IMO I think Tennessee should peak Bob Stoops interest in the job in Knoxville. I think Stoops thinks he has taken OU as far as he can.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamaGoose View Post
    IMO I think Tennessee should peak Bob Stoops interest in the job in Knoxville. I think Stoops thinks he has taken OU as far as he can.
    He's in the title picture every year @ OU. In the 2nd best conference, where he and his program are the lone constant at the top (Even though they regularly get beaten by the inconsistent contenders).

Things get stale, but in reality I don't think Bob leaves there. Just needs to find that right mix again.

Tennessee is certainly the best job available out there, but it certainly isn't going to be an easy fix. It's a tough place to win with the lack of in-state talent. Stoops already goes through that, but won't have the same Texas advantage.

Besides that, a lot of people are excited about the Sooners backup QB. The physical guy (can't remember his name). He needs to tighten up on that defense though. There's plenty in OU for him to work on, he doesn't need a new challenge
    Last edited by M2J; November 25th, 2012 at 10:38 PM.

FB | REC Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamaGoose View Post
    OU is a better job than Tennessee. If Stoops has taken OU as far as he cans, that just means he has gone as far as he can go.

BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

With regard to Auburn, the Talkin' SEC Football talking heads indicated there were some serious problems at Auburn between the academic and athletic departments. Call me surprised!! They indicated that most top HCs would want those issues resolved before signing on. Of course, the Bobby Petrino's of this world wouldn't care.
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

Coaching searches fire up around SEC

As long as Bama's coaching is where it is I'm satisfied. It is interesting, though with these other teams...
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Third Team
    Post Thanks / Like

UT, KY and Aub are all multi year rebuilding jobs. Why would any of these established coaches risk being a 3 or 4 and out just to be in the SEC. Gruden would only step back into coaching if he had a sweet deal he was taking over. Ark is a different situation and is probably the best out of all 4 jobs. But, I just don't see AB or Peterson jumping ship for the pigs. Frank Solich at Ohio would probably take a chance just to prove he is a bigtime coach, but I don't see his name anywhere. I could see Tubbs taking the UT or Arky job, just because he is Tubbs. GM to Aub as a last resort. Who knows, but if this was a dinner menu, I would go to a better restaurant or stay home.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

I actually think there is more talent at UK than people think there is, UK got hit hard with the "injury plage" this year and was the main reason for an epicly bad season. Under the right coach and players staying healty I think UK will actually be a threat in the SEC in as little as two years.
    Live your life like you wish you had.