JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Coaching searches fire up around SEC
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
November 25th, 2012 07:12 PM

By Jess Nicholas, TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Nov. 25, 2012   As expected, Auburn decided Sunday it could not continued to tolerate the leadership – or lack thereof – of Gene Chizik, terminating his contract and those of his assistants.   Chizik’s departure makes four vacancies currently in the SEC. The others are Arkansas, Tennessee and Kentucky. [...]

Read More Here

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Jess, is Jimbo seriously interested in the job or is this a ploy for a raise? What can the barn offer that free shoes u can't?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Jess, is Jimbo seriously interested in the job or is this a ploy for a raise? What can the barn offer that free shoes u can't?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
There are a lot of folks that want him to go at FSU!

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
There are a lot of folks that want him to go at FSU!
Interesting. I know he usually falls short of expectations, but FSU is in a position to win its conference every year because it simply has more talent than most of the conference (which could explain why some FSU alums are upset). I just don't think any coach would leave that opportunity to go to a program with potential NCAA issues, LSU and us (and now A&M) in the same division and its chief rival in the East (UGA) looking better these last two years.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Interesting. I know he usually falls short of expectations, but FSU is in a position to win its conference every year because it simply has more talent than most of the conference (which could explain why some FSU alums are upset). I just don't think any coach would leave that opportunity to go to a program with potential NCAA issues, LSU and us (and now A&M) in the same division and its chief rival in the East (UGA) looking better these last two years.
The realization hit home over the past two weeks with only rising to #10 in the BCS rankings and a loss to Florida yesterday. Winning the ACC means nothing and the competition is not preparing them to be a national contender. He has lot's of critics with his offensive playcalling and refuses to get an OC to run the show.

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
IMO I think Tennessee should peak Bob Stoops interest in the job in Knoxville. I think Stoops thinks he has taken OU as far as he can.
He's in the title picture every year @ OU. In the 2nd best conference, where he and his program are the lone constant at the top (Even though they regularly get beaten by the inconsistent contenders).

Things get stale, but in reality I don't think Bob leaves there. Just needs to find that right mix again.

Tennessee is certainly the best job available out there, but it certainly isn't going to be an easy fix. It's a tough place to win with the lack of in-state talent. Stoops already goes through that, but won't have the same Texas advantage.

Besides that, a lot of people are excited about the Sooners backup QB. The physical guy (can't remember his name). He needs to tighten up on that defense though. There's plenty in OU for him to work on, he doesn't need a new challenge

Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
IMO I think Tennessee should peak Bob Stoops interest in the job in Knoxville. I think Stoops thinks he has taken OU as far as he can.
OU is a better job than Tennessee. If Stoops has taken OU as far as he cans, that just means he has gone as far as he can go.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
With regard to Auburn, the Talkin' SEC Football talking heads indicated there were some serious problems at Auburn between the academic and athletic departments. Call me surprised!! They indicated that most top HCs would want those issues resolved before signing on. Of course, the Bobby Petrino's of this world wouldn't care.

chalkpit

Suspended
May 31, 2012
UT, KY and Aub are all multi year rebuilding jobs. Why would any of these established coaches risk being a 3 or 4 and out just to be in the SEC. Gruden would only step back into coaching if he had a sweet deal he was taking over. Ark is a different situation and is probably the best out of all 4 jobs. But, I just don't see AB or Peterson jumping ship for the pigs. Frank Solich at Ohio would probably take a chance just to prove he is a bigtime coach, but I don't see his name anywhere. I could see Tubbs taking the UT or Arky job, just because he is Tubbs. GM to Aub as a last resort. Who knows, but if this was a dinner menu, I would go to a better restaurant or stay home.

pyro

Suspended
Nov 9, 2004
Winchester TN
I actually think there is more talent at UK than people think there is, UK got hit hard with the "injury plage" this year and was the main reason for an epicly bad season. Under the right coach and players staying healty I think UK will actually be a threat in the SEC in as little as two years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.