2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Do you know this for a fact? I know that if the Barn hired him, they would want him on-board ASAP, but remember, last year McElwain had been named HC at Colorado State, but he still coached in the BCSNG, right?

Exactly. Even if Smart does take the job, I think he will stay on and coach in the BCSNCG. McElwain did it last year. I think that is one of the stipulations Saban puts on his coaches if they decide to move on. They must finish the season. If it were a smaller bowl or just a position coach, it might not be as big of a deal. Hopefully that will be a deal breaker with AU and it doesn't work out.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
If Kirby leaves, he'll be gone immediately. No way is Auburn waiting around for Alabama to win another NC.

steej71

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 17, 2011
That actually makes a lot of sense, PokeChop. Auburn made an offer to Kirby and he turned it down (probably knows what the NCAA will do to them), so they'll make an offer to Gus, and he'll turn it down if he's smart. They're keeping Petrino as their fallback guy sense he has nowhere else to go.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
WAKA CBS 8 ‏@CBS8News
#BREAKING: Auburn President Dr. Gogue tells CBS 8 News Reporter @jgertler_CBS8 that coach announcement to be made within 24 hours.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Still pretty sure Petrino will not be coaching at an sec school and I think that decision was made by the conference not the schools. I'd be shocked if Gus wasnt going to auburn by the end of the day

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
WAKA CBS 8 ‏@CBS8News
#BREAKING: Auburn President Dr. Gogue tells CBS 8 News Reporter @jgertler_CBS8 that coach announcement to be made within 24 hours.
Guess Jessica Gertler used her cuteness factor to scoop the sports team there at WAKA, lol.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He's in a good place at UCLA considering that USC's grip on the city is being loosened by sanctions and Kiffin.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Good hire if true. Physical running game may take a while to implement. Might cause us to lose Tenpenny as well.

From my phone with Tapatalk

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Not sure what to make of this hire. Didn't do well this year. Only in B1G championship game because of Penn State and Ohio State.
They started out pretty awful but seemed to improve a good deal as the season went on. Would imo be a much better hire than a Gundy or Petrino rehash.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Wow, didn't see that one coming. Why would he leave Wisconsin? And, what about Gundy?

It's like journalism these days (especially during this time of year) is all rumor. They are all trying to out-scoop each other so much so that they are printing false info.
It's more that sources are leaking false information.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.