2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
No reason right now. Rather odd.
I guess 3-9 will do it. But that was just one bad year after he had back-to-back winning seasons.

By the way, this is the same Mario Cristobal who turned down the Rutgers job a few months back. Doh! I think they should have given him one more season because of that. And we are talking about FIU and not Bama, where 3-9 is definitely a firable offense.

Last edited:

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Note to Bulimia, Matzo, and Grumbly (if he indeed takes the dreamsicle bait) - do a Google search on these formerly hot hires:

Derek Dooley
Ron Zook
Gerry DiNardo
Ed Orgeron
Houston Nutt
Curley Hallman
Brad Scott
Danny Ford

Some of these guys had good reputations prior to entering the SEC. Save your money, shut your mouth, and get a pre-paid moving truck for your inevitable early retirement. You're playing with the big boys now, and no quarter will be given.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
mario cristobal fired at FIU...he was one of the hottest young coaches for the past 2 years turning down decent jobs and is now canned? strange

purdue hired that coach from Kent St that turned around their program...

i'd love to see gundy take the UcheaT gig

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
mario cristobal fired at FIU...he was one of the hottest young coaches for the past 2 years turning down decent jobs and is now canned? strange
Yah, may be something more to this one - read a tweet a few minutes ago that FIU has a kid flying in today for a visit and the staff doesn't know what to tell him...

If he's not radioactive for some reason I hope ut doesn't look his way.

Yah, may be something more to this one - read a tweet a few minutes ago that FIU has a kid flying in today for a visit and the staff doesn't know what to tell him...

If he's not radioactive for some reason I hope ut doesn't look his way.
As someone else mentioned, this is the school that hired Isiah Thomas to coach the basketball team... thus showing the athletic department isn't the sharpest in the shed.

CapeHorn

Scout Team
Aug 22, 2012
purdue hired that coach from Kent St that turned around their program...

I think Darrell Hazell is a good hire for Purdue. Purdue messed up a few years back when they didn't get Sumlin.

Last edited by a moderator:

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I totally agree, but their rush to "print" - or, "post" I guess, since it's on the web - is making them skip that whole pesky confirmation part of the journalism.
well, as far as this type of thing... they're just trying to scoop a story...and we're here hoping that someone posts something, anything about the stories..

so we feed off each other...just have to try and sift through what is true, and what may not be so true...

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Bielema is a good hire for Arkansas if this is as true as it seems. I agree Tenpenny might stay home with this hire.
I did not realize that Altee Tenpenney wasnt a secure commitment...is he that shaky that a change in coaches at Arky could make him shift?

or are people just assuming that he might.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I think Bielma is a good, not great hire for Arkansas. He has experience and IMO wil have Arkansas competitive once again. As for au, my prayers have been answered, the Gus Bus and his high octane offense and no defense, what a coup for Alabama. Tony Franklin Part II.
hey now! he isnt as talented as Tony Franklin!
;)

unless he gets another Cam Newton, he isnt going to get it done...at least to the hopes of Auburn fans...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.