2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
sirius college sports just reported that Gundy turned down the Viles...

next up? Fedora?
A smart pick might be David Shaw of Stanford. Or maybe even George O'Leary...as long as he as his resume correct. ;) Though O'Leary is starting to get up there in age.

Or maybe the Vols could pick up Christobal, but I don't know if they want to go mid-major coach again after Dooley.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
The poor Vols. I can't even get the Volnation pages to load the board is so swamped. They don't want Charlie Strong and evidently he doesn't want UT but he's using UT for leverage to get more money from Louisville. Lucky Chucky!

Poor Vols. No Gruden, no Bundy, and now no Strong. UT fans are scared stiff they may be a lower tier team for many years to come.

Poor Vols.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
So apparently, Tennessee has countered Louisville's counter offer to Tennessee's initial offer to Charlie Strong.

I sense desperation in Knoxville. Can't say I blame them.
This doesn't look good for UT. If Strong turns them down, UT will be in bad shape. I mean, if you get into a bidding war with, say, Oklahoma for Bob Stoops, or Ohio State for Urban Meyer, or Alabama for Nick Saban, and lose, that's something your fanbase could understand.
Losing a bidding war with Louisville for Charlie Strong won't be easy to explain. They better hope they get him.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
Phillip Fulmer would coach at Tennessee again if asked

"I've been out four years, I've never once said, 'No, I'm done with coaching,'" said the 62-year-old Fulmer. "If I have the opportunity to coach at a very special place - and Tennessee is a very special place - then absolutely, I would take advantage of it. I'd probably, really quickly, put all of my staff back together, or most of them, and get back to work.
That would be a great hire...to set Tennessee back another 5 years. Please make it happen.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.