2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Even so, if he doesn't royally screw up at Cincy, he keeps his job. Tech has a lot of pressure to win in a difficult conference. And, if he simply keeps Cincy where they are right now, someone will become enamored with his resume and hire him for a ton of money to fix a formerly successful program in temporary disarray. It's a smart move in my opinion, for job security if nothing else.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Of the three jobs in major conference left (Colorado, Wisconsin, Texas Tech), which position do you (collectively) think is the most attractive?

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I'm sure it is for 9 months out of the year. Those winters takes a lot of getting used to.
It is a nice place, but you're right about the weather. I've been there in early August on a few different occasions, and temperatures would drop into the 50's in the evenings, which is not fun for someone born and raised in the South. "Jacket" and "August" are words never intended to be used in the same sentence. :) Nevertheless, Madison is probably the best option of the 3 jobs noted.

Last edited:

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Who would want to live in Wisconsin or especially Lubbock?
I was raised in Illinois (not my fault, honest!) and spent a lot of time in Wisconsin. I've also lived and worked in Texas, and my favorite of the two (by far) is Texas. To be fair though, my opinion is due mainly to the fact that I hate cold weather. Wisconsin is known for two things - cheese and cold weather. No thanks.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think the guy following Bielema to Wisconsin is in for a rude awakening - how do you top three straight trips to the Rose Bowl? (Don't even say that...)

I would think Colorado in the sense that the expectations now have to be incredibly low. What CU will have to do is what they did with Bill McCartney - give a guy enough time to first build the cupboard and then stock it.

Texas Tech? Let me tell you something - there's a problem all around Texas in regards to the thoughts that money will buy anything. Tech probably actually thinks they're relevant.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.