Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: The Right Man for Auburn - Coach Ed Generro

Quote Originally Posted by Im_on_dsp View Post
    We're not completely there yet on minority hiring in the college coaching ranks but I think it speaks volumes that John Embree and Joker Phillips can be fired without anyone throwing the race card around. Let everyone be judged on their accomplishments or in this case, lack thereof.
    The point Embree was making was not that he was fired because of his race, but that black head coaches who get fired are less likely to get re-hired as a head coach than a fired white head coach. He mentioned Ty Willingham as an example of the only black head coach who actually did get another shot.
    Last edited by kayakerjess; November 27th, 2012 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Clarification

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

I saw one of the talking heads, Brady Ackerman I think, on SEC on CSS here in Atlanta point out that he thought Hudspeth from ULM would emerge as a front runner for the job at the Barn

Any thoughts?

BamaNation Hall of Fame lafella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerjess View Post
    The point Embree was making was not that he was fired because of his race, but that black head coaches who get fired are less likely to get re-hired as a head coach than a fired white head coach. He mentioned Ty Willingham as an example of a "good" coach who has yet to get another shot.
    Wasn't Willingham at Stanford, Notre Dame, and Washington? seems like a bad choice to single out.
    Hey Daddy why doesn't Auburn have a number beside their name? 5 year old son during the iron bowl.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by lafella View Post
    Wasn't Willingham at Stanford, Notre Dame, and Washington? seems like a bad choice to single out.
    Sorry, I said it wrong. Embree stated that Willingham was the one example he could think of who DID get another shot at being a HC.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Trooper Taylor should be named APIMhead coach today.,who else is more All In, More Fambly. So what he waves a towel & wears his cap backwards? Clearly he is qualified.

If he is not hired/promoted the Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, President Obama & more importantly Charles Barkley should call out API.

Thats only fair.

BamaNation Hall of Fame lafella's Avatar

Charles said on that NBA show he is on that they should hire Petrino but they never listen to him that's why the are up a creek without a paddle now! LMAO
    Hey Daddy why doesn't Auburn have a number beside their name? 5 year old son during the iron bowl.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by lafella View Post
    Charles said on that NBA show he is on that they should hire Petrino but they never listen to him that's why the are up a creek without a paddle now! LMAO
    Some of their sites call it a Done Deal approved by Mike Slime to be announced Sunday with TT & BVG staying. Unreal.

FWIW, apparently Max Howell is saying Petrino is not happening.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerjess View Post
    The point Embree was making was not that he was fired because of his race, but that black head coaches who get fired are less likely to get re-hired as a head coach than a fired white head coach. He mentioned Ty Willingham as an example of a "good" coach who has yet to get another shot.
    I always thought Ty got a raw deal at Notre Dame (another reason I'll never root for them). Weiss won with the guys that Willingham recruited. So Ty never got to cook with his own groceries.

In fairness, though, Willingham DID get another job at Washington right after ND and it ended horribly. And for anyone interested, Willingham (who is much older than he looks) is now the women's golf coach at Stanford
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    FWIW, apparently Max Howell is saying Petrino is not happening.

He also said we may have an invasion of Stoops brothers in the SEC.
    Roll Tide

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    He also said we may have an invasion of Stoops brothers in the SEC.
    We already have one, let's have another! I assume it would be Mike, but either is fine. Heck, bring all three!
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: 2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    I always thought Ty got a raw deal at Notre Dame (another reason I'll never root for them). Weiss won with the guys that Willingham recruited. So Ty never got to cook with his own groceries.

In fairness, though, Willingham DID get another job at Washington right after ND and it ended horribly. And for anyone interested, Willingham (who is much older than he looks) is now the women's golf coach at Stanford
    Mack, I fixed my original post. I botched it the first time - Embree said Ty was the only black head coach who DID get a second shot.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: 2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

Les Miles talking to Arky? Sports by Brooks, unreal.