Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2124252627282930313233343536373841 ... LastLast
    Recipes
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0424 View Post
    Where do you go from here if you're Tennessee?
    Not Petrino. Art Briles is still there. Randy Shannon would like to get back into coaching. Or...here's an idea, hire John Chavis! He'd walk from Baton Rouge for the job.

I'll say about this job what I said about the Auburn job. Forget about trying to make a hire that will excite your fan base. You know what will REALLY excite your fan base? Winning ball games August thru November. And there are at least a few head coaches or former head coaches who can do that and certainly a coordinator or two that can.

I don't care if they bring back General Neyland, if they don't win ball games, nobody will come to the games.

The name of the game is winning. And if they get over themselves and understand that, there are a LOT of bright young coordinators who are ready to be the next Boom Muschamp, Jimbo Fisher, or Kevin Sumlin
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    One more note of interest: Barry Alvarez will coach Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl
    Hmmm...that speaks volumes...no wonder Bret left.

Re: 2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    Not Petrino. Art Briles is still there. Randy Shannon would like to get back into coaching. Or...here's an idea, hire John Chavis! He'd walk from Baton Rouge for the job.

I'll say about this job what I said about the Auburn job. Forget about trying to make a hire that will excite your fan base. You know what will REALLY excite your fan base? Winning ball games August thru November. And there are at least a few head coaches or former head coaches who can do that and certainly a coordinator or two that can.

I don't care if they bring back General Neyland, if they don't win ball games, nobody will come to the games.

The name of the game is winning. And if they get over themselves and understand that, there are a LOT of bright young coordinators who are ready to be the next Boom Muschamp, Jimbo Fisher, or Kevin Sumlin
    yup, nailed it

personally I hope no one in the UT fan base takes your advice and no one in the admin has the guts to try to do it right. They are so focused on "the big splash" that they can't see straight. It's fun to watch

I see quite a few around the web saying that Hart is at fault "shouldn't have fired Dooley without a coach in his back pocket". Like they would't have crucified Hart by now if he hadn't fired Dooley yet?

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    Hmmm...that speaks volumes...no wonder Bret left.
    Couple things: Bret's wife instantly moves the SEC wife group to the top of the list. He outkicked his coverage by the length of the field. He brought her out to do the hog call.

Also, in his Presser he backtracked on his derogatory remarks about the SEC last summer. Alluded to the fact that he was looking for a new challenge even before the Arkansas job became available. And he said flat out that one of his biggest challenges that he had at Wisconsin was that the university wasn't wired to really pay for good assistants. That can definitely hamper things. Doubt he has those same struggles at Arkansas
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Chavis should have been on their radar anyways... Hart is quickly becoming a disaster

BamaNation Hall of Fame lafella's Avatar

Last edited by lafella; December 5th, 2012 at 08:44 PM.
    Hey Daddy why doesn't Auburn have a number beside their name? 5 year old son during the iron bowl.

lafella, your signature made me laugh aloud. That's awesome.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Chavis should have been on their radar anyways... Hart is quickly becoming a disaster
    I wouldn't be so quick to pin this on Hart, as many Vol fans are. Very unrealistic expectations by that fanbase.

Hart inherited a major dumpster fire.
    RTR

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

He might not be a popular choice with Vile Fans..I would go after Coach Johnson from Georgia Tech..I think he would do good there..That's just my opinion..

BamaNation Hall of Fame lafella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    lafella, your signature made me laugh aloud. That's awesome.
    from the mouths of babes! lol
    Hey Daddy why doesn't Auburn have a number beside their name? 5 year old son during the iron bowl.

BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by skipster63 View Post
    Some new reports coming out that Gus will let all assistants go and indications are that may include Troop. Indications are ALL will be let go.
    If this is true where does Trooper end up? Is Foster with his Barn tattoos tied to Trooper?
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Where do you go from here if you're Tennessee?
    Does Tennessee now go after Bama's Kirby? What do all these failures say about Tennessee's AD? Cincinnati's Jones may be a back up now or Davis or who knows. I just can't think of anyone else at this time.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Al A Bama View Post
    If this is true where does Trooper end up? Is Foster with his Barn tattoos tied to Trooper?
    It IS true. Gus has let everybody go. And it will, no doubt, have an effect in this recruiting class