Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
    BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0424 View Post
    Colorado would probably be my choice. Great environment? Check. Close enough to California and Texas to garner recruits? Check. LOW expectations, and a long leash thanks to the administration dropping the ball on the Embree firing? Check! You aren't going to win a ton of games any time soon, but with the right coach and the right system, you can be a middle tier Pac12 program within a couple of years (imo).
    My disagreement would be based on the expectations. It sure seems like Colorado should have low expectations, but they really didn't wait around long this time around. I suspect that they, like Texas Tech, have grossly inflated expectations. Wisconsin has similar expectations, but at least the players and system is already in place, if not the money for assistant coaches.

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

Colorado position filled
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DocCrimson View Post
    My disagreement would be based on the expectations. It sure seems like Colorado should have low expectations, but they really didn't wait around long this time around. I suspect that they, like Texas Tech, have grossly inflated expectations. Wisconsin has similar expectations, but at least the players and system is already in place, if not the money for assistant coaches.
    Keep in mind that Colorado ranks 23rd on the All-Time win list (and were at #19 before Embree took over) They don't have the proud tradition that we do, but that doesn't mean they have low expectations as a fanbase.

John Embree took over a 5-7 team and promptly lead them to 3-10 in 2011 and 1-11 this year. It wasn't about waiting around & it wasn't about impatience. 2012 Colorado was one of the worst teams I've ever seen. They gave up 475 points last season and 552 points this season. Those were the 2 worst scoring defenses in Colorado history and they both happened to come during Embree's 2 seasons. That's not a coincidence.

This isn't directed at you, I've just seen tons of stuff in the media that Embree wasn't given much time because of the color of his skin. That's a disservice to all parties involved. Colorado grew worse nearly every single game under Embree. That's why he was let go after only 2 seasons. They showed zero progress.
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GreatDanish's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    Colorado position filled
    Great hire by Colorado... Can't believe I'm saying that. MacIntyre did a great job at SJSU, and instead of hiring someone who took a 1-12 team and made them 6-7 (Turner Gill, Derek Dooley, etc.), he actually took a 1-12 team and won 10 games within 3 years, and has them ranked. He's a good recruiter and has a good, albeit short, record.
    He may bomb, but it is a good risk for them to take. My only thought is that it seems a little too similar to Dan Hawkins... Either way, if he can lock down the state in recruiting, that would be enough to make them better.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDanish View Post
    Great hire by Colorado... Can't believe I'm saying that. MacIntyre did a great job at SJSU, and instead of hiring someone who took a 1-12 team and made them 6-7 (Turner Gill, Derek Dooley, etc.), he actually took a 1-12 team and won 10 games within 3 years, and has them ranked. He's a good recruiter and has a good, albeit short, record.
    He may bomb, but it is a good risk for them to take. My only thought is that it seems a little too similar to Dan Hawkins... Either way, if he can lock down the state in recruiting, that would be enough to make them better.
    As Embree said on his way out, the program's issues run way deeper than the head coach. Apparently, there is absolutely zero commitment to the program from the administration (Embree gave an example of how he requested chairs for his players to have at team meetings and wound up having to buy them out of his own pocket!) So good luck to Coach MacIntyre and the Buffs, but it looks as if the head coaching position isn't all that needs changing
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation First Team saraelizabethua's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I just saw a tweet that Bobby Petrino is going to Western Kentucky University...

LINK

BamaNation Hall of Fame GreatDanish's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    As Embree said on his way out, the program's issues run way deeper than the head coach. Apparently, there is absolutely zero commitment to the program from the administration (Embree gave an example of how he requested chairs for his players to have at team meetings and wound up having to buy them out of his own pocket!) So good luck to Coach MacIntyre and the Buffs, but it looks as if the head coaching position isn't all that needs changing
    I would say any program that has been as low as Colorado for as long as Colorado has problems that extend beyond the head coach. But, they were doing pretty well until the scandal(s) hit under Barnett. Then, the program had to be completely recharged, and it never happened. I am sure some of that is the President's fault.
    But, last go 'round, they hired Jon Embree. They needed someone who could get stars from Colorado to want to go to college at CU, and he never had recruited.
    At least this time they got the hire right. Doesn't mean Colorado football is fixed. They did, however, make the right hire.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by saraelizabethua View Post
    I just saw a tweet that Bobby Petrino is going to Western Kentucky University...

LINK
    Peter ‏@runthedive
    Considering his career path and history, I'm sure Petrino is going to set down roots in Bowling Green for a long, long time.

Bandit Ref ‏@banditref
    "Hey girl, let's get that Sun Belt off." - Bobby Petrino
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's going to be great when Bobby Petrino plays himself as one of the bad guys in the next season of Justified.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Stressed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by saraelizabethua View Post

LINK
    WKU's 2013 season opens with Kentucky and Tennessee.
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

I work with a WKU grad, he is not all that happy with this hire.
    There are two rules in life:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

Temple to interview Philadelphia Eagles defensive coordinator Todd Bowles.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/o...dd-Bowles.html

Also, this paragraph that listed other candidates was in this article.

According to sources, others to have interviewed thus far include New York Giants offensive line coach Matt Ruhle, Miami defensive coordinator Mark D’Onofrio, Temple defensive coordinator Chuck Heater, Ohio State receivers coach Stan Drayton and former Florida International head coach Mario Cristobal.
    Last edited by CrimsonChuck; December 10th, 2012 at 02:06 PM.
    Lucky #13

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Oklahoma State O.C. Todd Monken to Southern Miss:

http://newsok.com/article/3736427/
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick