Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 29323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Re: 2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    I work with a WKU grad, he is not all that happy with this hire.
    Moral fiber and staying intent aside, WKU just got an elite level football mind. I'm sure he'll buck up.
    "A great value of antiquity lies in the fact that its writings are the only ones that modern men still read with exactness."

2. Advertisement

All that really matters in the end is that he is a good boy while he working for you... But it will be his first time... Let's only hope.

Whatever Stoops brother took the Kentucky job is probably not happy. Coaching at UK is bad enough without having to worry about Petrino getting your recruits.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamachile's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Harmost View Post
    Moral fiber and staying intent aside, WKU just got an elite level football mind. I'm sure he'll buck up.
    For the first year or two, perhaps. Character issues are never content being set aside permanently, however. They'll show up eventually.
    “Louisiana is a fresh-air mental asylum.”
    ― James Lee Burke, Pegasus Descending

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Seeing where Tee Martin has declined to come back to Knoxville and be a part of Butch Jones' staff.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Seeing where Tee Martin has declined to come back to Knoxville and be a part of Butch Jones' staff.
    that's a bit surprising. Figured he'd be handing out travelers checks from "non boosters" in Mobile for recruits.

Can't say I blame him however. If I were him I wouldn't go near that place. TN fans treated him like garbage even after winning the National Title. I asked a UT friend when they were naming a street "peyton manning pass" if there was a "Tee Martin Way" planned all I got in return was a cold stare. I still don't understand why they names a street after a guy that didn't win a championship and totally blew off the guy that did

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

@CharlesRobinson
    A source familiar with FIU tells Yahoo! Sports that former Arkansas & Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt is interested in the Golden Panthers job.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    @CharlesRobinson
    A source familiar with FIU tells Yahoo! Sports that former Arkansas & Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt is interested in the Golden Panthers job.
    A source familiar with former Arkansas & Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt reports that he is interested in any coaching job.

AP source: Southern Miss hires Monken as coach

By DAVID BRANDT (AP Sports Writer) | The Associated Press – 1 hour 50 minutes ago

Southern Mississippi has hired Todd Monken as its next football coach, said a person familiar with the decision.
    The person said that Monken will be introduced at a Tuesday afternoon news conference that the university has scheduled. The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the university had not publically announced Monken's hiring.
    Monken has spent the past two seasons as the offensive coordinator at Oklahoma State.
    He will replace Ellis Johnson, who was fired after just one season in which the Golden Eagles finished with a 0-12 record.
    Johnson - whose defensive-minded pedigree always seemed to be a poor fit with the Golden Eagles - is owed a $2.1 million buyout over the next three seasons.
    It's the second time in five years that Southern Miss has turned to an Oklahoma State offensive coordinator to lead its program.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

i wish i could get fired and still have my boss pay me for 3 years.
    Due to the current workload, the light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily turned off.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

Texas co-offensive coordinator Bryan Harsin gets the Arkansas St. job.

Major Applewhite could be promoted to replace Harsin.

https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/278848239401312256
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Schad
    Texas is losing co-offensive coordinator Bryan Harsin to Ark. St., but many in Austin feel Major Applewhite is ready to step up
    Last edited by CrimsonChuck; December 12th, 2012 at 09:14 AM.
    Lucky #13

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

Kliff Kingsbury (former QB for Texas Tech and current Texas A&M OC) is the leading candidate for the Texas Tech job. I think that would be a great fit for them. They get an up-and-coming assistant, and they don't have worry about the loyalty issues that Tuberville had. This makes me feel really old because he is 7 years younger than me.

https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/278997195380891648

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Schad
    Kliff Kingsbury has emerged as the strong leading candidate at Texas Tech according to multiple sources
    Lucky #13

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Looks like Kingsbury has gotten the Texas Tech job.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick