Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American BamaFlum's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

Would LSU aim all of its vitriol at the Hogs instead of us if that happened?
    RTR!

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: 2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

ESPN said Les's agent denies the report. Wonder if this is an attempt by Arky to draw attention to LSU/Les to damage recruiting and get less attention on their search.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Re: Coaching Carousel: Les Miles offered $27.5 million for five years at Arky

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    Les Miles took his team he has coached for 8 seasons, loaded with future NFL talent and beat an Arkansas team thats been spiraling out of control with no real leadership by 7 points. Think about that.
    I don't want Miles to leave the SEC - he's far too entertaining - but to watch him flounder at arky while watching the ensuing meltdown at LSU would be awesome.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I don't want Miles to leave the SEC - he's far too entertaining - but to watch him flounder at arky while watching the ensuing meltdown at LSU would be awesome.
    I saw them mention Gruden already on their board. They sure are already seeking replacements.
    Roll Tide

If Arkansas did get More Miles (I mean less Miles), what does LSU do? They are not going after Coach Brown at Texas! Maybe Peterson at Boise State?

Would they offer Coach Saban $10+ million a year to return to Paradise?
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation Second Team

Sports illustrated and CBSsports are now reporting the Les Miles offer. It's starting to gain some attention

Re: 2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

The Miles story makes no sense. If he turned down his alma mater Michigan, why would he possibly consider taking a risk at Arkansas when he has a top 10 program at LSU?
    Alabama has beaten Auburn! Van Tiffin has kicked a 52 yard field goal and the state of Alabama is crimson! - Paul Kennedy, 1985

BamaNation First Team Tide-one-on's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Would they offer Coach Saban $10+ million a year to return to Paradise?
    That was what I was thinking...kind of scary isn't it
    Last edited by crimsonaudio; November 27th, 2012 at 10:01 PM. Reason: formatting
    And a Big ROLL TIDE TO YOU!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tide-one-on View Post
    That was what I was thinking...kind of scary isn't it
    Not at all - LSU isn't his dream job, and we would beat anything they could ever offer.

CNS isn't going anywhere.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Not at all - LSU isn't his dream job, and we would beat anything they could ever offer.

CNS isn't going anywhere.

We don't need to start all those Saban rumors again. Like you said, he won't be going anywhere...anytime soon.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American Crimson Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Hmm... Walk away from an automatic recruiting bonanza to a recruiting desert (he's familiar with that from OSU). Maybe there's enough $$$. I sort of doubt it...
    Exactly what I was thinking. The only reason to take the Arkansas job would be money, because he will find the recuiting much tougher. Crazier things have happened, but I just don't see how Miles would consider this a move in the right direction.

Miles's agent may be just letting the word out that Miles might be interested if the right job became available....namely Texas.
    Bama 870-314-44 72.6% On the field

23 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Depressed on TideFans.com

Re: The Right Man for Auburn - Coach Ed Generro

Quote Originally Posted by glasscutter256 View Post
    How great would that be!!! If Trooper was made the head coach, the NCAA would buy a house in Auburn to house all of their investigators. Some lawyers there would get extremely rich with all of the work they would have.
    They could change the name of the weight room to the deposition room.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again
    But until that day you know you are
    The queen of my heart