Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame lafella's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coaching Carousel: Les Miles offered $27.5 million for five years at Arky

Interesting reactions on the tiger forums.... not what I expected thought they would be a little more up in arms .. a good majority saying he's playing for a raise and doesn't deserve one
    Hey Daddy why doesn't Auburn have a number beside their name? 5 year old son during the iron bowl.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Speed View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. The only reason to take the Arkansas job would be money, because he will find the recuiting much tougher. Crazier things have happened, but I just don't see how Miles would consider this a move in the right direction.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Miles get a big fat raise soon. Nothing opens up an athletic department's wallet like the prospect of their big time coach going somewhere else.

BamaNation All-American silentsam74's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Wow, this is getting crazy...

Knoxville, TN-News Channel 3 has learned former NFL coach Jon Gruden has a contract offer in hand from the University of Tennessee and a decision could be made as early as Wednesday. Part of the offer is Gruden getting a piece of the NFLís Cleveland Browns, who were recently bought by Jim Haslam, one of UTís biggest boosters who played on the Volsí national championship teams in the early fifties.
    http://wreg.com/2012/11/27/news-chan...o-lure-gruden/
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    --Thucydides

It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience. -- Gaius Julius Ceasar

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by silentsam74 View Post
    Wow, this is getting crazy...
    YES!

As a Bucs fan, I can't think of a bigger potential fail hire than Gruden for tn. LOVE it.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Hall of Fame lafella's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silentsam74 View Post
    Umm wow lol
    Hey Daddy why doesn't Auburn have a number beside their name? 5 year old son during the iron bowl.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

The source of the WREG story? A message board. It was copied verbatim from a message board according to some journalists on Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

Re: 2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

Delete.
    Last edited by cuda.1973; November 28th, 2012 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Found it down at the bottom of Page 1.
    "Mama called."

So, we took her home.

3/8/26-8/20/13

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    The source of the WREG story? A message board. It was copied verbatim from a message board according to some journalists on Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.
    seems like people are biting on all the crazy thats being shoveled on SEC message boards....AGAIN. you think folks would have learned their lesson.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Gruden to UT is just not happening unless that ownership crap is real (which I doubt), but we are talking about Rocky Flop.

And on Miles, to me Arkansas low balled him. To go from 3.75 to what? 5.5? I'd say it would take 6-6.5 to even make him "think" about jumping ship from lswho to Hog land. I think this is a play to get Leslie a raise at lswho and that only. Why would Arky even offer their biggest rivals coach? That would be like the barn offering Saban alittle less than 2 mill more a year to coach in farmland. It's laughable when you think about it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    I saw them mention Gruden already on their board. They sure are already seeking replacements.
    Gruden will be the HC at both UT and Arkansas.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Can you imagine being an LSU fan and your last two former - national championship winning - coaches employed by schools in the same division of your conference????

Insanity. They would go absolutely insane.

Not that I think Miles is going to Arkansas; but the thought of it is compelling to say the least.
    RTR

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    YES!

As a Bucs fan, I can't think of a bigger potential fail hire than Gruden for tn. LOVE it.
    Yes CA but reading their stuff makes me think they will not settle for anyone other than Gruden, word is he is paid by the Bucs still until the end of December. Don't know if that means anything but there it is.

I have been to dozen of Buc practices & IMO Gruden is going to have a very hard time teaching kids. He just like everyone to know how smart he is so his play calling is complicated even for Pro QB's. His mouth would get him in a lot of trouble at the college level, I think.

I know he has cleaned things up for MNF but just wait & see if he gets back.

The way I read it this is a do or die hire for Hart.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    Gruden to UT is just not happening unless that ownership crap is real (which I doubt), but we are talking about Rocky Flop.

And on Miles, to me Arkansas low balled him. To go from 3.75 to what? 5.5? I'd say it would take 6-6.5 to even make him "think" about jumping ship from lswho to Hog land. I think this is a play to get Leslie a raise at lswho and that only. Why would Arky even offer their biggest rivals coach? That would be like the barn offering Saban alittle less than 2 mill more a year to coach in farmland. It's laughable when you think about it.
    My .02: I don't think Miles is up to the Arky job. I think he's done an admirable job in keeping up the quality and depth of players at LSU, but I'm not so sure he's able to take a program that's so far in the dumps as is Arky and actually build a quality team. He's not the most on discipline, and discipline is what it's going to take to tear down and rebuild what is now the Arky fb program.
    JMHO