Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast
    BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar

Re: 2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

I don't care who TN hires, if they aren't a genius recruiter like Saban then they'll fail. Tennesse has virtually nil high school talent, except for the Memphis area. What does Gruden know about recruiting college kids?

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Im_on_dsp View Post
    I don't care who TN hires, if they aren't a genius recruiter like Saban then they'll fail. Tennesse has virtually nil high school talent, except for the Memphis area. What does Gruden know about recruiting college kids?
    Exactly, which, combined with Gruden's 'long term' coaching at TB, is why I want him there. They want him, will pay stupid money for him, and we'll keep grinding them down. It will crush their soul, which I find desirable.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Re: Coaching Carousel: Les Miles offered $27.5 million for five years at Arky

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    Yes CA but reading their stuff makes me think they will not settle for anyone other than Gruden, word is he is paid by the Bucs still until the end of December. Don't know if that means anything but there it is.

I have been to dozen of Buc practices & IMO Gruden is going to have a very hard time teaching kids. He just like everyone to know how smart he is so his play calling is complicated even for Pro QB's. His mouth would get him in a lot of trouble at the college level, I think.

I know he has cleaned things up for MNF but just wait & see if he gets back.

The way I read it this is a do or die hire for Hart.
    Tom, I agree, Hart better make this a good one.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by SouthBaman View Post
    The Miles story makes no sense. If he turned down his alma mater Michigan, why would he possibly consider taking a risk at Arkansas when he has a top 10 program at LSU?
    Maybe he is just trying to get a raise? Or maybe he is thinks that he'd better to leave before the LSU fans realize that he is a mediocre coach (though a great recruiter).
    Lucky #13

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The Gruden story is false for another reason. The ownership would be against NCAA rules. Haslem would have to give Gruden's part to UT, who gives it to Gruden. IOW, UT would be the owner.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Im_on_dsp View Post
    And, as everyone knows, the Memphis recruiting scene has been and is toxic. Someone with zero experience recruiting could get in trouble quickly recruiting Memphis if they're not careful. I'm with CrimsonAudio, Gruden will be Kiffin Part Deux for UT --- first class train wreck.

I can't help but think back to everything that Fulmer and UT did to/against Bama in the late 90's/early 00's and just grin. You truly reap what you sow . . .
    RTR

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I don't know which is more laughable: Gruden to UT or Miles to Arkansas.

Why would Miles even consider leaving LSU? Money? Doubtful, and even if that's was motivates him, LSU would match any offer to keep him, much the same way that Bama would match any offer to keep Coach Saban. Miles would be taking a step down to say the least, and unless his true desire is to try and rebuild a program that is down, I just don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Reb View Post
    My .02: I don't think Miles is up to the Arky job. I think he's done an admirable job in keeping up the quality and depth of players at LSU, but I'm not so sure he's able to take a program that's so far in the dumps as is Arky and actually build a quality team. He's not the most on discipline, and discipline is what it's going to take to tear down and rebuild what is now the Arky fb program.
    JMHO
    Perhaps a different angle is he "inherited" what he has at LSU and at AK he could show he is a program builder.

Doubt it happens...seems crazy....but everybody thought we were crazy back when we thought we were going to get CNS.

BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

Listening to the radio about this issue this morning. The hosts were saying that this also violates some NFL rules. Gruden cannot continue to be paid by Tampa while owning part of another team.

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    Yes CA but reading their stuff makes me think they will not settle for anyone other than Gruden, word is he is paid by the Bucs still until the end of December. Don't know if that means anything but there it is.

I have been to dozen of Buc practices & IMO Gruden is going to have a very hard time teaching kids. He just like everyone to know how smart he is so his play calling is complicated even for Pro QB's. His mouth would get him in a lot of trouble at the college level, I think.

I know he has cleaned things up for MNF but just wait & see if he gets back.

The way I read it this is a do or die hire for Hart.
    I've read the end of The Book and I know who wins!

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Exactly, which, combined with Gruden's 'long term' coaching at TB, is why I want him there. They want him, will pay stupid money for him, and we'll keep grinding them down. It will crush their soul, which I find desirable.
    I like the way you talk ...

“That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Im really surprised the visors name hasn't come up!
    This is the beginning of a new day.God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or or use it for good.What I do today is very important because Im exchanging a day of my life for it.When tommorow comes,this day will be gone forever. Leaving something in its place I have traded for it. I want it to be a gain, not loss - good, not evil. Success, not failure in order that I Shall not forget the price I paid for it.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by AlistarWills View Post
    Listening to the radio about this issue this morning. The hosts were saying that this also violates some NFL rules. Gruden cannot continue to be paid by Tampa while owning part of another team.
    I really don't know anything about this Cleveland Brown ownership thing it seems crazy to me but Gruden is Done with Tampa in December he can do what he wants without having to pay the Glasers any money back.

But it makes me question Why would he be putting so much effort in UT when the Browns are so bad? As a owner of a NFL team seems to me if he thinks Gruden is so Great then he should hire him for the Browns?

All this stuff is just crazy may be the Agents just shooting up salaries?

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerjess View Post
    I don't know which is more laughable: Gruden to UT or Miles to Arkansas.

Why would Miles even consider leaving LSU? Money? Doubtful, and even if that's was motivates him, LSU would match any offer to keep him, much the same way that Bama would match any offer to keep Coach Saban. Miles would be taking a step down to say the least, and unless his true desire is to try and rebuild a program that is down, I just don't see it.
    I don't know but it is hilarious to read the TigerDroppings forums in light of how they hated Les Miles and wanted him gone and are now really worried that he'll leave them for Arkansas. LSU fans are quickly becoming like Barners. They have allowed themselves to become Bama's little red-haired step-brother. They have a good program. I don't get why they think like this and have us in their heads so much.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS