2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
He won 10 games this year. Up from 9 the previous two years. I know they fired Solitch after a 9-3 season, but that AD is gone now.
he's also continuously blown away once a season, this year for the big 10 title against a 7-5 team. He's also managed to fall short in title games for Big 12. Nebraska fans didnt hire him to win 10 a year and go the holiday bowl. They are a very similar fan base to Bama or Notre Dame, its only a matter of time before the gap in expectations and achievement start to seem huge.

Keep in mind Les Miles has a National title, Richt has SEC titles and both are constantly bad mouthed by fans and finding themselves on hot seats. Chizik won a national title 2 years ago, now he's unemployed. Expectations kill coaches no matter how pretty the Win loss record sometime, when there is no hardware to justify the paycheck.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Sorry I didn't even see that 'word' when I read it before posting. Thanks for catching and deleting the post!

Getting back to the topic.....what about Tressel and/or Jim Leavitt?

I think at this point UT prospects know they are not their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th choice....that has to be an issue as well in the process.
Tressel doesnt have a show cause on him does he? Or was he coaching somewhere this year?

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Tressel doesnt have a show cause on him does he? Or was he coaching somewhere this year?
He does and there is conflicting information in various news outlets as to how severe it is. Mandel at SI wrote that all he had to do was sit out the 1st 5 games plus the bowl game the first year plus submit a report to NCAA every 6 months. Dunno?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Word breaking now but reports are saying Tubberville has taken the Cincinnati job.

And, as expected, the general consensus is, "Say what!?"
Interesting..., I can't decide if it is a move up, down, or sideways.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.