2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Coaching Carousel: Les Miles offered $27.5 million for five years at Arky

Yes CA but reading their stuff makes me think they will not settle for anyone other than Gruden, word is he is paid by the Bucs still until the end of December. Don't know if that means anything but there it is.

I have been to dozen of Buc practices & IMO Gruden is going to have a very hard time teaching kids. He just like everyone to know how smart he is so his play calling is complicated even for Pro QB's. His mouth would get him in a lot of trouble at the college level, I think.

I know he has cleaned things up for MNF but just wait & see if he gets back.

The way I read it this is a do or die hire for Hart.
Tom, I agree, Hart better make this a good one.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
The Miles story makes no sense. If he turned down his alma mater Michigan, why would he possibly consider taking a risk at Arkansas when he has a top 10 program at LSU?
Maybe he is just trying to get a raise? Or maybe he is thinks that he'd better to leave before the LSU fans realize that he is a mediocre coach (though a great recruiter).

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The Gruden story is false for another reason. The ownership would be against NCAA rules. Haslem would have to give Gruden's part to UT, who gives it to Gruden. IOW, UT would be the owner.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
I don't care who TN hires, if they aren't a genius recruiter like Saban then they'll fail. Tennesse has virtually nil high school talent, except for the Memphis area. What does Gruden know about recruiting college kids?
And, as everyone knows, the Memphis recruiting scene has been and is toxic. Someone with zero experience recruiting could get in trouble quickly recruiting Memphis if they're not careful. I'm with CrimsonAudio, Gruden will be Kiffin Part Deux for UT --- first class train wreck.

I can't help but think back to everything that Fulmer and UT did to/against Bama in the late 90's/early 00's and just grin. You truly reap what you sow . . .

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado
I don't know which is more laughable: Gruden to UT or Miles to Arkansas.

Why would Miles even consider leaving LSU? Money? Doubtful, and even if that's was motivates him, LSU would match any offer to keep him, much the same way that Bama would match any offer to keep Coach Saban. Miles would be taking a step down to say the least, and unless his true desire is to try and rebuild a program that is down, I just don't see it.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
My .02: I don't think Miles is up to the Arky job. I think he's done an admirable job in keeping up the quality and depth of players at LSU, but I'm not so sure he's able to take a program that's so far in the dumps as is Arky and actually build a quality team. He's not the most on discipline, and discipline is what it's going to take to tear down and rebuild what is now the Arky fb program.
JMHO
Perhaps a different angle is he "inherited" what he has at LSU and at AK he could show he is a program builder.

Doubt it happens...seems crazy....but everybody thought we were crazy back when we thought we were going to get CNS.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006

Listening to the radio about this issue this morning. The hosts were saying that this also violates some NFL rules. Gruden cannot continue to be paid by Tampa while owning part of another team.

Yes CA but reading their stuff makes me think they will not settle for anyone other than Gruden, word is he is paid by the Bucs still until the end of December. Don't know if that means anything but there it is.

I have been to dozen of Buc practices & IMO Gruden is going to have a very hard time teaching kids. He just like everyone to know how smart he is so his play calling is complicated even for Pro QB's. His mouth would get him in a lot of trouble at the college level, I think.

I know he has cleaned things up for MNF but just wait & see if he gets back.

The way I read it this is a do or die hire for Hart.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

Listening to the radio about this issue this morning. The hosts were saying that this also violates some NFL rules. Gruden cannot continue to be paid by Tampa while owning part of another team.
I really don't know anything about this Cleveland Brown ownership thing it seems crazy to me but Gruden is Done with Tampa in December he can do what he wants without having to pay the Glasers any money back.

But it makes me question Why would he be putting so much effort in UT when the Browns are so bad? As a owner of a NFL team seems to me if he thinks Gruden is so Great then he should hire him for the Browns?

All this stuff is just crazy may be the Agents just shooting up salaries?

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I don't know which is more laughable: Gruden to UT or Miles to Arkansas.

Why would Miles even consider leaving LSU? Money? Doubtful, and even if that's was motivates him, LSU would match any offer to keep him, much the same way that Bama would match any offer to keep Coach Saban. Miles would be taking a step down to say the least, and unless his true desire is to try and rebuild a program that is down, I just don't see it.
I don't know but it is hilarious to read the TigerDroppings forums in light of how they hated Les Miles and wanted him gone and are now really worried that he'll leave them for Arkansas. LSU fans are quickly becoming like Barners. They have allowed themselves to become Bama's little red-haired step-brother. They have a good program. I don't get why they think like this and have us in their heads so much.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Im really surprised the visors name hasn't come up!
Yea he could win there. After what he did at USCe I believe he could do anything. I think he is probably to old now and is already the winning-est coach in USCe history. They own Clemson now something that program has never done. Holtz finished with a 33-37 record there and that was an improvement. I believe if he were younger this would be a great hire for Arkansas I could never see him coaching Tn. after all the zings he has thrown at them over the years. I never thought anyone could win 10 games at USCe especially not back to back years.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think I finally figured out the Tennessee gameplan:

They inundate the media with rumors of Gruden talking to boosters, AD reps, and signing contracts until Gruden actually believes the rumors and just shows up one day to work in Knoxville.

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
Re: The Right Man for Auburn - Coach Ed Generro

Let's suppose Les were to leave LSU. How much money would they throw at Coach Saban to return? Can anyone over there even count that high?

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
This whole Miles thing is good entertainment. He has postponed his press conference an hour and will be having it at 3pm.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
There are rumors beginning to surface that Chizik has accepted the Colorado job. Apparently, Michael Dyer and several others members from AU's team are going to transfer. The Honey Badger has already turned in his transfer papers, no matter who the coach is. Ricky Williams has expressed interest being the RB coach. Things will really be smoking before long in the Mile HIGH State! ;)

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
There are rumors beginning to surface that Chizik has accepted the Colorado job. Apparently, Michael Dyer and several others members from AU's team are going to transfer. The Honey Badger has already turned in his transfer papers, no matter who the coach is. Ricky Williams has expressed interest being the RB coach. Things will really be smoking before long in the Mile HIGH State! ;)
You have some of the Best Posts, thanks!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.