2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
There are rumors beginning to surface that Chizik has accepted the Colorado job. Apparently, Michael Dyer and several others members from AU's team are going to transfer. The Honey Badger has already turned in his transfer papers, no matter who the coach is. Ricky Williams has expressed interest being the RB coach. Things will really be smoking before long in the Mile HIGH State! ;)
I'm stealing that and putting it on FB. Hilarious.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Interesting note from Les' presser. He decline to say who initiated the contact between Arkansas and his camp.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
In a surprise to no one but Vols, Gruden says no to the Tennessee offer.
Aubie co-worker asked me that was the Oklahoma State coach. Then he proceeded to tell me I was being a butt by saying I would let him look that one up.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Another interesting take from Miles's presser:

"John Chavis would make a very good head coach. If Tennessee is looking for quality candidate, John Chavis should be that."

The Chief's love for UT is unquestionable and I've always wondered why he's never been a serious candidate.

Also interesting that Les is pining for him for that job

"John Chavis would make a very good head coach. If Tennessee is looking for quality candidate, John Chavis should be that."

The Chief's love for UT is unquestionable and I've always wondered why he's never been a serious candidate
Agreed... I remember seeing LSU fans tweet out concerns that Chavis would be a top target for Tennessee when the job came open. Granted, he might be at the point where he's content being a coordinator.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Chavis could very well end up being the guy who gets the call. The fanbase got their hopes up so high with Gruden that I bet they try a few more calls to "name" head coaching candidates before going into the quality coordinator pool. I get the feeling that Smart won't be a legitimate candidate there because I think their is some Saban-disciple fatigue in Knoxville after Dooley and Sunseri flopped.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

The Chief's love for UT is unquestionable and I've always wondered why he's never been a serious candidate.

Most quality head coaches will support a promotion or a move that is in the best interests of an assistant.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Forgot all about Chavis. If he ask head coaching aspirations UT might not could do any better right now.

But I just wonder if he would rather be the career assistant.

FWIW, I've read that he is one quality individual.

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.

I agree completely just wonder if he is interested in donning the captains hat

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Auburn has interviewed Charlie Strong from Louisville.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2012/11/auburn_interviews_louisville_c.html

Would be a quality hire if they can get him.
Pete Thamel of Sports Illustrated tweeted he talked to Strong, who said he had not interviewed with Auburn.
No pun intended, but it would take a very "strong" HC to take over the *U job. In that "win at all costs" atmosphere, I don't think Charlie's the man to do it. Not that he couldn't, but because I doubt he would want to be part of that circus.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.