2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Re: Coaching Carousel: Les Miles offered $27.5 million for five years at Arky

Not at all - LSU isn't his dream job, and we would beat anything they could ever offer.

CNS isn't going anywhere.

We don't need to start all those Saban rumors again. :rolleyes: Like you said, he won't be going anywhere...anytime soon.

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama

Hmm... Walk away from an automatic recruiting bonanza to a recruiting desert (he's familiar with that from OSU). Maybe there's enough $$$. I sort of doubt it...
Exactly what I was thinking. The only reason to take the Arkansas job would be money, because he will find the recuiting much tougher. Crazier things have happened, but I just don't see how Miles would consider this a move in the right direction.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

Miles's agent may be just letting the word out that Miles might be interested if the right job became available....namely Texas.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Re: The Right Man for Auburn - Coach Ed Generro

How great would that be!!! If Trooper was made the head coach, the NCAA would buy a house in Auburn to house all of their investigators. Some lawyers there would get extremely rich with all of the work they would have.
They could change the name of the weight room to the deposition room.

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.

Interesting reactions on the tiger forums.... not what I expected thought they would be a little more up in arms .. a good majority saying he's playing for a raise and doesn't deserve one

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011

Exactly what I was thinking. The only reason to take the Arkansas job would be money, because he will find the recuiting much tougher. Crazier things have happened, but I just don't see how Miles would consider this a move in the right direction.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Miles get a big fat raise soon. Nothing opens up an athletic department's wallet like the prospect of their big time coach going somewhere else.

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States

Wow, this is getting crazy...

Knoxville, TN-News Channel 3 has learned former NFL coach Jon Gruden has a contract offer in hand from the University of Tennessee and a decision could be made as early as Wednesday. Part of the offer is Gruden getting a piece of the NFL’s Cleveland Browns, who were recently bought by Jim Haslam, one of UT’s biggest boosters who played on the Vols’ national championship teams in the early fifties.
http://wreg.com/2012/11/27/news-channel-3-learns-of-tennessees-new-twist-to-lure-gruden/

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The source of the WREG story? A message board. It was copied verbatim from a message board according to some journalists on Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
The source of the WREG story? A message board. It was copied verbatim from a message board according to some journalists on Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.
seems like people are biting on all the crazy thats being shoveled on SEC message boards....AGAIN. you think folks would have learned their lesson.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Gruden to UT is just not happening unless that ownership crap is real (which I doubt), but we are talking about Rocky Flop.

And on Miles, to me Arkansas low balled him. To go from 3.75 to what? 5.5? I'd say it would take 6-6.5 to even make him "think" about jumping ship from lswho to Hog land. I think this is a play to get Leslie a raise at lswho and that only. Why would Arky even offer their biggest rivals coach? That would be like the barn offering Saban alittle less than 2 mill more a year to coach in farmland. It's laughable when you think about it.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Can you imagine being an LSU fan and your last two former - national championship winning - coaches employed by schools in the same division of your conference????

Insanity. They would go absolutely insane.

Not that I think Miles is going to Arkansas; but the thought of it is compelling to say the least.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

YES!

As a Bucs fan, I can't think of a bigger potential fail hire than Gruden for tn. LOVE it.
Yes CA but reading their stuff makes me think they will not settle for anyone other than Gruden, word is he is paid by the Bucs still until the end of December. Don't know if that means anything but there it is.

I have been to dozen of Buc practices & IMO Gruden is going to have a very hard time teaching kids. He just like everyone to know how smart he is so his play calling is complicated even for Pro QB's. His mouth would get him in a lot of trouble at the college level, I think.

I know he has cleaned things up for MNF but just wait & see if he gets back.

The way I read it this is a do or die hire for Hart.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Gruden to UT is just not happening unless that ownership crap is real (which I doubt), but we are talking about Rocky Flop.

And on Miles, to me Arkansas low balled him. To go from 3.75 to what? 5.5? I'd say it would take 6-6.5 to even make him "think" about jumping ship from lswho to Hog land. I think this is a play to get Leslie a raise at lswho and that only. Why would Arky even offer their biggest rivals coach? That would be like the barn offering Saban alittle less than 2 mill more a year to coach in farmland. It's laughable when you think about it.
My .02: I don't think Miles is up to the Arky job. I think he's done an admirable job in keeping up the quality and depth of players at LSU, but I'm not so sure he's able to take a program that's so far in the dumps as is Arky and actually build a quality team. He's not the most on discipline, and discipline is what it's going to take to tear down and rebuild what is now the Arky fb program.
JMHO

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
I don't care who TN hires, if they aren't a genius recruiter like Saban then they'll fail. Tennesse has virtually nil high school talent, except for the Memphis area. What does Gruden know about recruiting college kids?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I don't care who TN hires, if they aren't a genius recruiter like Saban then they'll fail. Tennesse has virtually nil high school talent, except for the Memphis area. What does Gruden know about recruiting college kids?
Exactly, which, combined with Gruden's 'long term' coaching at TB, is why I want him there. They want him, will pay stupid money for him, and we'll keep grinding them down. It will crush their soul, which I find desirable.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.