2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Here's a good laugh for y'all: The Barners at ITAT have a thread discussing who Bama would hire IF we needed a coach right now.

Many of them are convinced we'd hire Petrino. Obviously we wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole for many reasons, but just from a football perspective because he's not a defensive minded coach.

But I think they are so desperate to "justify" their strong desire for Petrino that they are alleging that's who we'd hire right now.

THEY REALLY ARE LITTLE BROTHER looking for big brother's approval in their imaginations.

Here's a good laugh for y'all: The Barners at ITAT have a thread discussing who Bama would hire IF we needed a coach right now.

Many of them are convinced we'd hire Petrino. Obviously we wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole for many reasons, but just from a football perspective because he's not a defensive minded coach.

But I think they are so desperate to "justify" their strong desire for Petrino that they are alleging that's who we'd hire right now.

THEY REALLY ARE LITTLE BROTHER looking for big brother's approval in their imaginations.
We nearly touched Petrino back during the Saban hire.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Last edited:
I saw a tweet from someone that our hawg friends are set to name Peterson as their coach next week.
Found it.

Cecil Hurt (@CecilHurt) tweeted at 6:06 PM on Sat, Dec 01, 2012:
Meanwhile... RT @HogCountryUA: Hogs expected to name Boise State coach Chris Petersen as new coach on Tuesday. http://t.co/9j8MdgMO
(https://twitter.com/CecilHurt/status/275028189271687168)

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Will be a good get for Arkansas if it's true.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Will be a good get for Arkansas if it's true.
Petersen could've had so many better jobs over the years. I'll be surprised if he ends up leaving Boise for Arkansas. I wonder how many assistants he'd be able to bring with him...this would seem to be the key for his success at Piggyville.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Starting to see reports that Kirby Smart will at least interview for the job at Auburn.
If by chance that does happen, if you're a barner, how do you spin that?

I wouldn't for a minute try to dissuade CKS from any HC job for which he may choose to interview or accept. Personally though, if he does choose to leave, I'd much rather see him take a job outside the SEC.

If by chance that does happen, if you're a barner, how do you spin that?

I wouldn't for a minute try to dissuade CKS from any HC job for which he may choose to interview or accept. Personally though, if he does choose to leave, I'd much rather see him take a job outside the SEC.
You spin it by saying Pat Dye was once an assistant at Alabama.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
Starting to see reports that Kirby Smart will at least interview for the job at Auburn.
At least they would have a coach I could respect instead of a fancy mouth piece who does the bidding of the cultists.

It'll be disappointing, though. I want him to stay with us.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.