2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Some new reports coming out that Gus will let all assistants go and indications are that may include Troop. Indications are ALL will be let go.
If this is true where does Trooper end up? Is Foster with his Barn tattoos tied to Trooper?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Where do you go from here if you're Tennessee?
Does Tennessee now go after Bama's Kirby? What do all these failures say about Tennessee's AD? Cincinnati's Jones may be a back up now or Davis or who knows. I just can't think of anyone else at this time.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
once Dooley and staff is paid off the Viles will have paid out $20M in buyouts for Phil, current group, old group, AD, and Bruce Pearl. good times :)

Sonny Dykes heading to Cal...Keenan Allen must be pleased!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He'd walk from Baton Rouge for the job.
That's silly, Mack. Chavis would pass out before he reached the Baton Rouge city limits, much less the Tennessee state line.
Couple things: Bret's wife instantly moves the SEC wife group to the top of the list. He outkicked his coverage by the length of the field. He brought her out to do the hog call.
After looking at his beach picture, I think she already has some experience calling a hog.
He might not be a popular choice with Vile Fans..I would go after Coach Johnson from Georgia Tech..I think he would do good there..That's just my opinion..
If they did that, he better hire a mighty fine DC. Georgia Tech's defense was atrocious this year.
It IS true. Gus has let everybody go. And it will, no doubt, have an effect in this recruiting class
Saw last night he told the assistants they can interview with the new coordinators (Ellis Johnson was hired btw). Trooper told some recruits that he would be rehired, too. The Auburn Circus is free admission and it's 24/7/365.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Head Coach Football, University of Tennessee

The Head Coach of Football is responsible for initiating various aspects of the Football program, such as recruiting 2* and 3* players, training them from time to time, and attempting to not break NCAA rules, especially while on ESPN cameras (Looking at you, LK). The Head Coach of Football is required to abide by the rules and regulations established the NCAA, unless he holds a bbq at his house, in which case that never happened and you've never seen that player before if anyone asks. This is a full time, twelve-month position for most. That said, if you have won a national title in any sport at any time, you can work part-time, six months a year, while eating bonbons, for at least eight years after said title.

Essential Responsibilities:
• Reduce number of player arrests by 10 percent.
• Generate additional funds for support of the program. Or, not. That's what our academics programs are for. #AmIRight
• Schedule games, preferably with directional schools.
• Represent UT and the football program in a professional manner .. or, just represent us period. It's been so long since we've had a coach.

Education/Experience
No education required. Also, no real coaching experience required. Heck, if you can prove to me you've called plays for a bikini football league or that dog Super Bowl, I will offer you the job.

And, best of all, we will pay you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf7uJDhVZIE

Seriously, we've offered this to like ten people already, someone's gotta not turn us down. Please apply!

-DH

• Compensation: We will pay you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf7uJDhVZIE
  • Telecommuting is ok.
  • This is at a non-profit organization.
  • Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
  • Please, no phone calls about this job!
  • Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/gov/3458498332.html

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
once Dooley and staff is paid off the Viles will have paid out $20M in buyouts for Phil, current group, old group, AD, and Bruce Pearl. good times :)

Sonny Dykes heading to Cal...Keenan Allen must be pleased!
Keenan Allen is pleased... with all the money he's about to earn. He's announced he's going pro.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Looks like it's about time to print up some bumper stickers..."Honk if you've turned down the UT football job."

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Southern Miss begins interviewing. Nuss is a candidate.

The first series of interviews for the vacant head football coaching position at Southern Miss are expected to begin today.

All of the potential candidates for the job will be interviewed at an undisclosed location outside of Hattiesburg today and Saturday.

The first group of candidates for the job are expected to include North Carolina offensive coordinator Blake Anderson, Texas Tech offensive coordinator Neal Brown, Oklahoma State offensive coordinator Todd Monken and Alabama offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I know most on here hate Tubs, but IMO he would be a solid hire for UT. The UT style offense is more Tubs like than the Texas Tech air raid crap. His defenses when he was at au were pretty stout which is what the vols desperately need.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.