2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Tony Jones (@Tjonessltrib) tweeted at 9:00 PM on Tue, Dec 18, 2012:
Just spoke to a source who tells the Salt Lake Tribune that Gary Andersen to Wisky is not a done deal yet...story coming soon
(https://twitter.com/Tjonessltrib/status/281232445402136578)

Not so fast my friend. Utah state doesn't give up without a fight, at least for the first half, then they get wore down.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Looks like "Mama Called" another HC home..I hope Coach Clarke does good at JSU..I'll have too go watch a couple JSU games this coming season..
Mrs. 1967 is a former Marching Southerner and we go to several games every year. I'm glad they hired a good young coach with local roots, he'll be less likely to leave if a bigger school calls. Anyone would have been an improvement over Crowe, but glad they didn't take Bobby Wallace.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Mrs. 1967 is a former Marching Southerner and we go to several games every year. I'm glad they hired a good young coach with local roots, he'll be less likely to leave if a bigger school calls. Anyone would have been an improvement over Crowe, but glad they didn't take Bobby Wallace.
Exactly..And Coach Crowe wore out his welcome at JSU..Lots of folks quit supporting the football program..Attendance has steadily gone down the last few years..Hopefully hiring a local boy will re-energize the program & folks will start supporting the football program again..

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
Tony Jones (@Tjonessltrib) tweeted at 9:00 PM on Tue, Dec 18, 2012:
Just spoke to a source who tells the Salt Lake Tribune that Gary Andersen to Wisky is not a done deal yet...story coming soon
(https://twitter.com/Tjonessltrib/status/281232445402136578)

Not so fast my friend. Utah state doesn't give up without a fight, at least for the first half, then they get wore down.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
It's official now...unless ESPN is reporting something too early again. ;)

http://espn.go.com/college-football...ate-aggies-become-new-coach-wisconsin-badgers

Utah State's Gary Andersen, who guided the Aggies to their first bowl victory in 19 years, will be named Wisconsin's new coach, sources told ESPN.

The earliest a state job in Wisconsin can be filled is two weeks after the job's posting, meaning Andersen can't be officially announced by the school until Thursday.

Andersen interviewed with Wisconsin on Monday.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Several national guys are tweeting that Bill O'Brien took the Browns job. Penn State looks to hire a coach.

Obviously, Oregon will be an open spot, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
Several national guys are tweeting that Bill O'Brien took the Browns job. Penn State looks to hire a coach.

Obviously, Oregon will be an open spot, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.
Oh the horror! Where will the talking heads say Saban is going now? Oh yeah, Penn State since it's close to West Virginia. I'm sure we don't have a prayer of keeping him now.
Seriously though, O'Briens done a good job at PSU I think. PSU just takes another hit if he leaves. I'm just hoping PAs governor gets a piece of Emmerts you know what with his lawsuit against the NCAA.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
The report is that he will end up with either Cleveland or Philly, as the Browns are still looking to interview Kelly Friday. Kelly should land one job, and O'Brien the other...

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
Going to be rather interesting to see the names pop up for the Oregon job with the threat of sanctions looming next to the money Nike pumps into the program.
I think Chiz, Trooper and Luper would fit right in there. Threat of sanctions obviously never has bothered them. BTW any news on where T and L might land up? Any school taking the bait on Trooper and Ruben Foster?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Going to be rather interesting to see the names pop up for the Oregon job with the threat of sanctions looming next to the money Nike pumps into the program.
Oregon already has a HC ready and waiting... The OC (Mark Helfrich) has been reportedly preemptively offered the job (kinda like Kelly was when he took over for when Belotti stepped into the AD role).

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If I were a Penn State fan, I'd be super ticked at O'Brien if he leaves. Not sure when on the timeline he took the job, but even if it was before the sanctions were announced, he had to know they were fixing to get hammered. He had to beg players to not transfer, did he ask them to hold the rope? Now, the program will be set back even further and more may look to use the chance to transfer without sitting out.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
If I were a Penn State fan, I'd be super ticked at O'Brien if he leaves. Not sure when on the timeline he took the job, but even if it was before the sanctions were announced, he had to know they were fixing to get hammered. He had to beg players to not transfer, did he ask them to hold the rope? Now, the program will be set back even further and more may look to use the chance to transfer without sitting out.
That brings back some bad bad memories that's for sure..Makes ya appreciate "The Process" x a million when those memories are brought back up..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.