2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Except for the money, and in Kelly's case the NCAA suits headed to Eugene, why would a college coach want to go to the NFL? I just do not see the attraction.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
After hearing Kelly's response to a few NFL questions last night, I'm not sure about him leaving. He seemed too attached to the players and the university.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
The challenge, the opportunity to win a Super Bowl, to coach in one of the biggest sports league in the world, no restrictive NCAA rules, etc.
If this is the ultimate attraction; then someone who has had a great deal of success at the college level and is driven (Nick Saban) would want to prove he could be just as successful in the NFL.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If this is the ultimate attraction; then someone who has had a great deal of success at the college level and is driven (Nick Saban) would want to prove he could be just as successful in the NFL.
DD isn't saying that reason is for every coach. He was just throwing out possibilities. And Saban did try the NFL. He didn't like it.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Anybody got a link to some article by someone insisting Saban was the Browns next coach?

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Thanks. I wonder what's going to happen to their program now at Oregon.
Unless they are hammered by the NCAA, nothing... Belotti made Oregon successful and decided he wanted to stop coaching to be AD, and turned it over to Kelly. Kelly is doing the same thing, and his OC is already been offered the job. Oregon will continue to be Oregon, unless they get hit by the NCAA...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.