Trying to keep count of SEC coaching changes caused mainly by CNS

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I didn't realize Coach Saban caused all those coaches to be fired. I thought it was lackluster performances. Not Nick Saban.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
Not sure how much direct credit can be given to Nutt or Chizik. Chizik would've lost to Shula this year, and so would Nutt his last year. Those single disgusting seasons ended their careers.

But indirectly, they're all trying to keep up with Bama.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
The better thing to look at...is how many coaches have come and gone since Saban has been our coach. Not so much if he caused it, but the fact that it is great we are a stable team.

Tn- Fulmer, Kiffin and Dooley
Auburn-Tubs and Chizik
Mississippi State-Croom
Ole Miss-Orgeron and Nutt
Arkansas-Nutt, Petrino and Smith
Florida-Meyer
Kentucky- Brooks and Phillips
Vanderbilt-Johnson and Caldwell

(Not sure if I missed one)

So far only LSU, South Carolina and Georgia...have had the same coaches since Saban has been here.

Last edited:

tidegrandpa

All-American
The better thing to look at...is how many coaches have come and gone since Saban has been our coach. Not so much if he caused it, but the fact that it is great we are a stable team.

Tn- Fulmer, Kiffin and Dooley
Auburn-Tubs and Chizik
Mississippi State-Croom
Ole Miss-Orgeron and Nutt
Arkansas-Nutt, Petrino and Smith
Florida-Meyer
Kentucky- Brooks and Phillips
Vanderbilt-Johnson and Caldwell

(Not sure if I missed one)

So far only LSU, South Carolina and Georgia...have had the same coaches since Saban has been here.
Just since Jan 2007, geez what turnover............ RTR !!:BigA:

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I didn't realize Coach Saban caused all those coaches to be fired. I thought it was lackluster performances. Not Nick Saban.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.
It's just something popular to say in this board. 'Oh, he got fired? Must be because if Saban!' All SEC coaches fired this year also lost to Mullen, so.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Nah, it was CNS and Alabama. I add Pete Carroll and that idiot, Jim Tressel to that list too. When we're up, we have a way of taking down programs and it takes years for them to recover.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Saban certainly raised the bar, which has inadvertently made it more difficult on other teams and coaches. But it's a little difficult to give Nick Saban all the credit for what has happened in this league. If anything, Florida, Georgia, LSU, and now Texas A&M are all better teams.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I think it was two years ago someone, maybe 'LSUFreek', did a fark with a shirtless Coach Saban dressed as an Indian.
Each of the fired coaches scalps were hanging around Coach Saban's waist.

To do that today, Coach Saban would have to get fat, to have enough waist for the scalps.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.