BCS final four madness begins - I am confused

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Brad Edwards actually tweeted that he didn't know if OH. State would even be able to edge out a one loss SEC team this year. However, I would expect the public outcry would be deafening if they were left out of the top two spot even with their weak schedule. So I agree that four spots will help us more than it will hurt us in the future.
I agree with Danielson - Ohio State has nothing to lose this year. They win a few games and then get 8-0 like the other teams but don't have the pressure Bama, Notre Dame, Oregon, K-State, and others had. Would they play the same with that pressure?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Sooo. Let me tag on to this thought but i think i know the answer ($$$$). Why not have it set up like this.....if the SEC has two teams in the top 4, then no SEC championship game is played as it is unnecessary? I guess this game cannot be set up with contingencies?? I just see less of a need for it after the top 4 teams being selected barring some odd circumstances. It just seems clear that playing the championship game going forward can only hurt us as we move closer to a playoff format. We beat each other up enough already during the regular season.
UNLESS - you are in the SEC and 5th in the BCS and you need one of the other two to lose ----

PLUS -- you can't decide at the last minute to cancel renting out the Georgia Dome at the last minute. It would cost MILLIONS of dollars with no revenues generate. Networks sell advertising -- and lots of money rides on the game.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
UNLESS - you are in the SEC and 5th in the BCS and you need one of the other two to lose ----

PLUS -- you can't decide at the last minute to cancel renting out the Georgia Dome at the last minute. It would cost MILLIONS of dollars with no revenues generate. Networks sell advertising -- and lots of money rides on the game.
Plus I believe any conference that has more than 10 is required to as part of BCS. I assume that will carry over to playoff system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.