Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Could Blake Sims be a starter one day, opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Al A Bama View Post
    Hate to bring this up in this thread but since you mentioned it, did Corey Grant play last Saturday against Bama?
    He's played very little at Auburn. I was told he suffered an injury during fall camp. Also, he didn't benefit from transferring into one system and ending up in the system he left at Alabama.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement

The performance level gap between AJ and other quarterback's Saturday was glaring. He is more consistent than any quarterback I've watched at Bama since I started in 78. AJ will leave big shoes to fill and is severely underrated by many. On top of his talents and size, he is a clutch QB, gets along well with coaches, players of all shapes and sizes like and he has a great temperament. We are going to sorely miss him when he leaves, and he will be the measuring point of all future QB's no doubt......starting with Blake.

NFL scouts and teams probably rate him higher than many the services, and hopefully one or two are telling him to stick around another year. QB's can play well into their 30's and AJ would not doubt be considered a top 3 QB at the start of next season. Another year of mental maturing for the NFL would be good for him, imo. Manning did it.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    He's played very little at Auburn. I was told he suffered an injury during fall camp. Also, he didn't benefit from transferring into one system and ending up in the system he left at Alabama.
    He has 9 carries for 29 yards this season. That's gotta be disappointing for the young man, especially considering what has transpired over the last week.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    I don't think there's any way he moves from QB. You gotta remember we're a bit thin at running back this year because of injuries, but next year we're going to be trying to figure out which one of the eight or nine we're gonna play cause they're all gonna be pretty darn good.
    I was about to post the same thing. With Yeldon, Drake, Fowler, and Dee Hart, plus 3 of the best RBs in the country committed to play for us next year, I can't imagine that Blake would ever see any meaningful time at RB. Even assuming the worst that Dee and Nudie are slow to recover, the new guys Henry, Tenpenny, and Jones are going to be hard to keep off the field, especially Henry.