Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team

Re: Bowl Schedule and Payouts - Florida guaranteed Sugar Bowl, SECCG loser ends up wh

on BCS countdown last night it was mentioned the loser of the SECCG will fall very far down the polls and end up in the chik-a-fil bowl.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Bowl Schedule and Payouts - Florida guaranteed Sugar Bowl, SECCG loser ends up wh

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    Brad Edwards is on jox right now and he said the Captial One may choose Texas A&M. The loser of the SECCG could go to the cotton.
    I just don't want to see Alabama play Michigan again this season. There is nothing to gain and a lot to lose! Let A & M run up and down the field on the Wolverines!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

If the winner of the SECCG gets the NCG, the loser should then get the Sugar Bowl. I don't know why they give it to the #3 SEC team. Makes absolutely no sense. Sugar Bowl has fallen on hard times.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The Sugar will lose the SEC champ so do they not get the first pick after UF because of that? Could they possibly make the Sugar an all SEC game?

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Alabama stands to fall down the pecking order quite a bit in the event of a loss this weekend. If Cap One takes LSU, the Cotton will certainly take TAMU. This means that we're looking at a game like the Outback, Gator, or Chickfila.

BamaNation All-American BAMA1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    on BCS countdown last night it was mentioned the loser of the SECCG will fall very far down the polls and end up in the chik-a-fil bowl.
    That's not what they said at all. They said that bowl game would most likely have a 10-win Clemson team against a 10-win SEC team.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddrn View Post
    The Sugar will lose the SEC champ so do they not get the first pick after UF because of that? Could they possibly make the Sugar an all SEC game?
    No. You can't have three SEC teams in BCS bowls.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

This is a strange year with all the 2 loss teams. And the SEC was suppose to be down this year.

When the playoffs come into play, will there still be a limit of teams in the big bowls from a certain conference?
    Roll Tide

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    If the winner of the SECCG gets the NCG, the loser should then get the Sugar Bowl. I don't know why they give it to the #3 SEC team. Makes absolutely no sense. Sugar Bowl has fallen on hard times.
    Just because Florida isn't playing in the SEC Championship Game doesn't make them the #3 team in the SEC. We didn't play in the SEC Championship Game last year and nobody thought we were the #3 SEC team.

BamaNation All-American RollTide1017's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Guys, calm down, this is a Georgia problem. Who cares if they end up in the Chik-Fil-A bowl, I know I don't.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    Because the Sugar Bowl doesn't want a team coming off a loss. As poor as the match-up will be, regardless, they don't want the perception of it being a "consolation prize".
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Tolerant on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Because the Sugar Bowl doesn't want a team coming off a loss. As poor as the match-up will be, regardless, they don't want the perception of it being a "consolation prize".
    The Sugar Bowl will likely have no choice. UF is at 4 now and would pass UGA after a loss to Alabama. At #3, UF would be an automatic qualifier and the second SEC team in the BCS bowls. The Sugar Bowl wouldn't bypass UF to pick a non-SEC team.

BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Well they can wish all they want, but the Sugal Bowl has been a consolation prize ever since the BCS championship game was added as a separate game.