Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Bowl Schedule and Payouts - Florida guaranteed Sugar Bowl, SECCG loser ends up wh

NCG: Bama/UGA

Sugar: UF (UF will jump to #3 no matter who wins and are guaranteed a BCS bowl game; Sugar takes them)

Capital One: If Bama loses and Wisconsin wins, I think Bama/ Nebraska would be the matchup for Capital One; If Nebraska wins, Cap 1 is likely to Michigan and they won't do a rematch and UGA was there last year, so it'd be LSU or A&M

Cotton: They want A&M/UT badly; if A&M is picked by Cap 1; it could be Bama or LSU; I doubt they'd pick UGA since they traditionally go SEC West

Edit: I forgot about Outback and Gator on January 1.
    Last edited by jps1983; November 26th, 2012 at 04:13 PM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Re: Bowl Schedule and Payouts - Florida guaranteed Sugar Bowl, SECCG loser ends up wh

IF Alabama wins:

BCSNCG - Alabama
    Sugar - Florida
    Capital One - A&M
    Cotton - LSU
    Chik Fil'A - UGA
    Outback - USCe

IF UGA WINS:
    BCSNCG - UGA
    Sugar - Florida
    Capital One - A&M
    Cotton - Bama
    Chik'Fil'A - LSU
    OUtback - USCe

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BAMA1979 View Post
    No. You can't have three SEC teams in BCS bowls.
    You can't have two either.
    The BCS Bowls are the 17 million dollar bowls.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

The Chick Fila Bowl would have to be the absolutely worse case scenario. I cannot imagine anyone getting up for that game, other than the coaches using it as an extra practice.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 45longcolt View Post
    Am I misreading this? The Championship game is considered a BCS Bowl and pays $17,000,000, so yes you can have two teams from any conference in the BCS Bowls. Florida will get one.

It's kind of comical that Kent State (11-1), which plays Northern Illinois (11-1) for the Mid-American Conference Championship on Friday night could move up to 16th in the final BCS standings and stay ahead of an automatic qualifying conference champion - probably the Big East titlist - and get a BCS Bowl, probably the Orange Bowl. There only loss......by 33 points to Kentucky!!!!!!! This is why I can't stand the BCS Bowl selection committee rules. How about Kent State vs Ga Tech in the Orange Bowl!

BamaNation Scout Team JOE_BAMA71's Avatar

Anything other than the BCS Championship will be a disappointment. That's where Saban has taken the program. Outback, Cotton, Chik-Fil-A......they're all pretty much the same when compared to the big one. Yes, were are spoiled. Thank you Coach Saban.

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 45longcolt View Post

Uhhh....the SEC had TWO in ONE BCS Bowl last season.

And there is a stipulation for a conference to have 3 teams in BCS Bowls, and it could have happened last season also.

"No more than two teams from a conference may be selected, regardless of whether they are automatic qualifiers or at-large selections, unless two non-champions from the same conference are ranked No. 1 and No. 2 in the final BCS Standings."

This means that had LSU lost to UGA in the SECCG last season and remained at #2 in the BCS rankings, then they and Bama would have played in the BCSNCG and UGA would have gone to the Sugar Bowl.