Bowl Schedule and Payouts - Florida guaranteed Sugar Bowl, SECCG loser ends up where?

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
From looking at the Polls it appears that Florida will wind up in the Sugar Bowl. The loser of the SECCG will wind up in the Capital One Bowl (Citrus). If Florida was ranked a few notches lower, they would end up in the Capitol One and the loser of the SECCG in the Cotton (Bama,Ga) or Outback Bowl(Ga) . The Outback in Tampa evolved from the old Hall of Fame Bowl at Legion Field.

But since we will win, see you on South Beach!

2012-13 College Bowl Schedule
Photo - BCS logo
Date / Bowl / Location / Time / Network / Combined Payouts
Dec. 15 Gildan New Mexico Bowl
Mountain West vs. Pac-12 Albuquerque, N.M. 1 p.m. ESPN $912,500
Dec. 15 Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
MAC vs. WAC Boise, Idaho 4:30 p.m. ESPN $650,000
Dec. 20 San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl
Mountain West vs. TBA (BYU) San Diego, Calif. 8 p.m. ESPN $1 million
Dec. 21 Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl St. Petersburg
Big East vs. Conference USA St. Petersburg, Fla. 7:30 p.m. ESPN $1.075 million
Dec. 22 R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl
Conference USA vs. Sun Belt New Orleans, La. 12 p.m. ESPN $1 million
Dec. 22 MAACO Bowl Las Vegas
Mountain West vs. Pac-12 Las Vegas, Nev. 3:30 p.m. ESPN $2.2 million
Dec. 24 Sheraton Hawaii Bowl
Conference USA vs. Mountain West Honolulu, Hawaii 8 p.m. ESPN $1.3 million
Dec. 26 Little Caesars Pizza Bowl
Big Ten vs. MAC Detroit, Mich. 7:30 p.m. ESPN $1.5 million
Dec. 27 Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman
ACC vs. TBA (Army) Washington, D.C. 3 p.m. ESPN $2 million
Dec. 27 Belk Bowl
ACC vs. Big East Charlotte, N.C. 6:30 p.m. ESPN $3.4 million
Dec. 27 Bridgepoint Education Holiday Bowl
Big 12 vs. Pac-12 San Diego, Calif. 9:45 p.m. ESPN $4.15 million
Dec. 28 AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl
ACC vs. SEC Shreveport, La. 2 p.m. ESPN $2.3 million
Dec. 28 Russell Athletic Bowl
ACC vs. Big East Orlando, Fla. 5:30 p.m. ESPN $4.55 million
Dec. 28 Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas
Big Ten vs. Big 12 Houston, Texas 9 p.m. ESPN $3.4 million
Dec. 29 Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl
Conference USA vs. Mountain West Dallas, Texas 11:45 a.m. ESPN $1.2 million
Dec. 29 Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl
Pac-12 vs. TBA (Navy) San Francisco, Calif. 3:15 p.m. ESPN or ESPN2 $1.675 million
Dec. 29 New Era Pinstripe Bowl
Big East vs. Big 12 Bronx, N.Y. 3:15 p.m. ESPN or ESPN2 $3.6 million
Dec. 29 Valero Alamo Bowl
Big 12 vs. Pac-12 San Antonio, Texas 6:45 p.m. ESPN $6.35 million
Dec. 29 Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl
Big Ten vs. Big 12 Tempe, Ariz. 10:15 p.m. ESPN $6.65 million
Dec. 31 Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl
SEC vs. ACC Nashville, Tenn. 12 p.m. ESPN $3.725 million
Dec. 31 Hyundai Sun Bowl
ACC vs. Pac-12 El Paso, Texas 2 p.m. CBS $4 million
Dec. 31 AutoZone Liberty Bowl
SEC/Big East/Conference USA Memphis, Tenn. 3:30 p.m. ABC $2.875 million
Dec. 31 Chick-fil-A Bowl
ACC vs. SEC Atlanta, Ga. 7:30 p.m. ESPN $6.9 million
Jan. 1 TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl
SEC vs. Big Ten Jacksonville, Fla. 12 p.m. ESPN2 $5.45 million
Jan. 1 TicketCity Bowl
Big Ten vs. Conference USA Dallas, Texas 12 p.m. ESPNU $2.2 million
Jan. 1 Capital One Bowl
SEC vs. Big Ten Orlando, Fla. 1 p.m. ESPN $8.5 million
Jan. 1 Outback Bowl
SEC
vs. Big Ten Tampa, Fla. 1 p.m. ABC $7 million
Jan. 1 Rose Bowl presented by Vizio
BCS vs. BCS Pasadena, Calif. 5 p.m. ESPN $17,000,000
Jan. 1 Discover Orange Bowl
BCS vs. BCS Miami, Fla. 8:30 p.m. ESPN $17,000,000
Jan. 2 Allstate Sugar Bowl
BCS vs. BCS New Orleans, La. 8:30 p.m. ESPN $17,000,000
Jan. 3 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl
BCS vs. BCS Glendale, Ariz. 8:30 p.m. ESPN $17,000,000
Jan. 4 AT&T Cotton Bowl
SEC vs. Big 12 Arlington, Texas 8 p.m. FOX $7.25 million
Jan. 5 BBVA Compass Bowl
Big East vs. SEC Birmingham, Ala. 1 p.m. ESPN $1.925 million
Jan. 6 GoDaddy.com Bowl
MAC vs. Sun Belt Mobile, Ala. 9 p.m. ESPN $1.5 million
Jan. 7 Discover BCS National Championship Game
Notre Dame vs SEC $18,000,000
1/7/13 8:30pm ESPN

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Brad Edwards is on jox right now and he said the Captial One may choose Texas A&M. The loser of the SECCG could go to the cotton.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
SECCG Loser is going to fall a very long way.

Best case scenario is the Capital One Bowl, but even that may not be the stopgap. I imagine they will be hesitant to take 'Bama or Georgia again because those two have played there the past two years. The bowl is actually doing some social media interaction, and was floating the idea of taking LSU last night, which would be defensible, all things considered.

Cotton Bowl, IMO, is locked out, they will definitely take Texas A&M.

It's either the Capital One, or, if they pass, whatever bowl has the next choice of SEC teams. Not sure off hand who that is, but I believe it may be the Gator Bowl.

Bottom line: There are 6 SEC teams in the top ten, so at least a couple of getting stuck with boring match-ups in mid-tier bowls. Just the reality of it this year.

Last edited:

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
SECCG Loser is going to fall a very long way.

Best case scenario is the Capital One Bowl, but even that may not be the stopgap. I imagine they will be hesitant to take 'Bama or Georgia again because those two have played their the past two years. The bowl is actually doing some social media interaction, and was floating the idea of taking LSU last night, which would be defensible, all things considered.

Cotton Bowl, IMO, is locked out, they will definitely take Texas A&M.

It's either the Capital One, or, if they pass, whatever bowl has the next choice of SEC teams. Not sure off hand who that is, but I believe it may be the Gator Bowl.
I am not putting Georgia and Alabama in the same bag as the loser of the game. Alabama will carry much more clout than Georgia and certainly will not fall below the Capital or Cotton? If Georgia loses, I could see the Cotton snagging aTm and LSU going to the Capital, or visa versa. Georgia going to the Outback, followed by S.C in the former Peach Bowl.

Bama has been the dominate team for several years and is Alabama.......we will draw more attention than Georgia certainly.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
When we (the Gators) lost to UGA - first reaction was "OH FUDGE...there goes our trip to Atlanta!"

Then - we realized....hey this isn't so bad. We avoid getting hammered by Bama. Let UGA absorb the beat down and then fall down below us for the BCS Bowl selections. Assuming we win out, of course. Which we were fortunate enough to do so.

So far - so good. Did you notice we were only .003 behind UGA in the BCS rankings last night?

On another note....I still am amazed ND is ranked #1. I mean...look at their schedule.....they are in for a MAJOR BEAT DOWN! :p

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
When we (the Gators) lost to UGA - first reaction was "OH FUDGE...there goes our trip to Atlanta!"

Then - we realized....hey this isn't so bad. We avoid getting hammered by Bama. Let UGA absorb the beat down and then fall down below us for the BCS Bowl selections. Assuming we win out, of course. Which we were fortunate enough to do so.

So far - so good. Did you notice we were only .003 behind UGA in the BCS rankings last night?

On another note....I still am amazed ND is ranked #1. I mean...look at their schedule.....they are in for a MAJOR BEAT DOWN! :p
Yes, you are Sugar Bowl bound, let's just hope it's not against Kent State....who lost by 33 to Kentucky?

Since Notre Dame has a decent schedule, I am all for them going to the championship game if they are one of two undefeated teams. Since they do not play a championship game, with 1 loss, they should never move ahead of a 1 loss SEC or big 12 team, if not a couple more conferences. But again, as the only undefeated eligible team, they deserve it.

I was surprised at how well you guys improved. Looks like Muschamp is the real deal. FSU has some really good talent, TOP sec caliber TALENT, and you taught them a lesson. Enjoy the BCS Bowl!

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
The Capital One probably wouldn't want Alabama because they don't want a rematch with Michigan.
Money and ratings talk, and I can't see us dropping further than the top 2 non BCS Bowls. Bama, LSU and aTm would all have 2 losses. I bet we stay ahead of them all if it's a nail biter.

But as it's hypothetical, we'll just have to wait and see.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Brad Edwards is on jox right now and he said the Captial One may choose Texas A&M. The loser of the SECCG could go to the cotton.
I just don't want to see Alabama play Michigan again this season. There is nothing to gain and a lot to lose! Let A & M run up and down the field on the Wolverines!

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
The Sugar will lose the SEC champ so do they not get the first pick after UF because of that? Could they possibly make the Sugar an all SEC game?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Alabama stands to fall down the pecking order quite a bit in the event of a loss this weekend. If Cap One takes LSU, the Cotton will certainly take TAMU. This means that we're looking at a game like the Outback, Gator, or Chickfila.

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
on BCS countdown last night it was mentioned the loser of the SECCG will fall very far down the polls and end up in the chik-a-fil bowl.
That's not what they said at all. They said that bowl game would most likely have a 10-win Clemson team against a 10-win SEC team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.