Did Bill Oliver set a Precedent for all future Bama Coordinators offered by Auburn?

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
Re: Did Bill Oliver set a Precedant for all future Bama Coordinators offered by Aubur

Coaches and players don't have the same loyalty fans do.
Actually, I think they do match the fan's loyalty. It's the fan's loyalty to the coach, however, not the fan's loyalty to the school that they match. 99% of the college football fans in this country will turn on a coach in a heartbeat if they start to lose games. I really don't expect any coach to show loyalty to a school, knowing that they are just a few losses from being canned at any point. It's just the nature of the beast.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Re: Did Bill Oliver set a Precedant for all future Bama Coordinators offered by Aubur

Didn't see your post. Yeah, have heard that CGS stayed just long enough for CBO to not get the Bama job. Remeber when people said No one wanted to coach at Alabama. Well, there seems to be a mushroom cloud over Auburn. They will have to hire a desperate, tainted coach or someone way off the radar.
Yeah kinda like hire a coach that was fired for having an affair with a 25 year old and then hiring her to work in the program over many qualified applicants.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

I always thought Oliver did some meddling behind the curtains while still at Bama that wasn't completely on the up & up. That's just been my impression.

I've forgotten the details, but it seems like after he got to Auburn he wound up secretly taping some of the people he worked with, jockeying for the Head Coaching spot there. Again, it's been a while & I may be mixed up.

Mal Moore was aware that Logan Young was calling our coaches during recruiting season constantly, and never stopped it. I don't imagine his contemporary, Oliver, would have stopped it either, but that's just a guess looking back.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

How I hate Bill Oliver

Got to spend some time interacting with him during the 93 season and let me just put this out there. I can not for the life of me think of a word to describe him that the mods will allow on this message board. Hated him before he left and wasn't too sad to see him go....

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Mal Moore was aware that Logan Young was calling our coaches during recruiting season constantly, and never stopped it. I don't imagine his contemporary, Oliver, would have stopped it either, but that's just a guess looking back.
Oliver coached for the Memphis Showboats in the USFL. Who owned the Showboats? Logan Young. No way Brother would stand up to Young, they were buddies

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.