Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: Good place for watching SEC CG in Atlanta?

There used to be a Bama-themed sports bar near the Buckhead area, but it's probably been 6-7 yrs since I've been there. Does anyone remember the name of it or if it is still even there?
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC happytidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post

Fox Sports Grill

Is this where the Alumni party is every year, the one with the roof top deck? I may have been there, and if so, it's very nice, huge, and close to the Dome.
    nita - Roll Tide Roll!

It's going to be hard to find any sports bar in Atlanta on Saturday that is not filled primarily with UGA fans - even ones that usually cater more to Alabama fans.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    There used to be a Bama-themed sports bar near the Buckhead area, but it's probably been 6-7 yrs since I've been there. Does anyone remember the name of it or if it is still even there?
    You are probably thinking of the Cheyenne Grille. We went there even after the alumni association moved their official viewing site and it was still great. However before last year's national championship game I called to see if they still played Yea Alabama and all that and they said the new owner stopped doing all the extra stuff to make the atmosphere better for Bama fans. I don't know if people still go there but I doubt it is the same as it was.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by happytidefan View Post
    Is this where the Alumni party is every year, the one with the roof top deck? I may have been there, and if so, it's very nice, huge, and close to the Dome.
    The official alumni association event is at Hudson Grille in midtown.

BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    Sleepy on TideFans.com

We never got to go due to scheduling conflicts, but my brother and I were planning on going to Smith's Olde Town Bar for the Bama/Arky game. Our understanding is that it's a pretty pro-Bama place.

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlemonkey View Post
    We never got to go due to scheduling conflicts, but my brother and I were planning on going to Smith's Olde Town Bar for the Bama/Arky game. Our understanding is that it's a pretty pro-Bama place.
    Cuddles, is it a smoky place? Just curious. I still may brave it if it is. Some atmosphere would be good. Don't want to have to drive to Tuscaloosa just to watch the game in a bar but I may have to consider it.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    Sleepy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    Cuddles, is it a smoky place? Just curious. I still may brave it if it is. Some atmosphere would be good. Don't want to have to drive to Tuscaloosa just to watch the game in a bar but I may have to consider it.
    Unfortunately, I don't know. The plan was to catch the game before going to the Ted for the Braves/Nationals game that evening but Fox flexed that baseball game to a 4PM EST start.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jack Bourbon's Avatar
    My Mood
    Persnickety on TideFans.com

You should go to a place with lots of Georgia fans.

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    they used to allow smoking, but i haven't been there in several years. i would imagine they still do, there is a smoking ban in most places in atlanta, but bars and restaurants that don't allow people under 21 are exempt and can still allow smoking.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

actually, after perusing yelp reviews of smith's it seems like it may be a non-smoking establishment now
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon