SIAP: Congrats To Eddie Lacy for Reaching 1K This Season

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I now that EL has battle with injuries for the better half of the season and at times it looked like he was never going to be 100% and he may still not be. but it appears that he has really come on strong the last 3-4 games and will be the cowbell for Bama in the next 2 crucial games.

I was very happy for him when he passed that 1K threshold esp. against auburn. keep it up Eddie, Bama Nation needs you to be at your very best!!

TJ, you're next buddy. :wink:

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
One of the best stories of the year is Lacy getting stronger as the year progressed. I would think he's at least a 2nd rounder right now. He's probably gone, correct?

RB's need to get to the next level as quickly as possible so their not 28 or 29 when the 2nd contract comes up. If he's in the top 3 rounds I would certainly go.

JustJim

Scout Team
Dec 5, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
He is easily our best back right now - and I can't wait to see one of the Ga. defenders try to take the ball away from him on Saturday.

I loved how he was further behind the Allbarn guy in reaching 1000 yards and he got there before he did! He's battle tested and will be needed. If had been healthy for the year he would have put up Heisman numbers. I still believe he's the best back in the league above Gilleslee. Good job young man!!

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Congrats to Eddie! He deserves it, he runs with a lot of heart. I hope Yeldon joins him with the last two games. He should be able to break it as well.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Congratulations to Eddie Lacy on reaching 1000 yds. rushing this year.

You did it sharing carries with TJ Yeldon and others.
You did it while injured.
You did it playing a little more than half a game each week.
You did it with us having a potent passing attack.
You did it with everyone knowing you were likely to get the ball.
For the most part... You did it running it up the gut.
You did it without trickery.

You also gained a lot of yards with your super duper, 'Spin Move'...
You did a spin and were off to the races again. Love it.

When you go Pro, they are gonna love you.

(and we will miss you when your gone...)

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I hope our fans always remember the heart and team-first attitude EL has shown here. He played most of this year and last significantly injured, always came back the next week ready to run as hard as he could. I can't remember how many times I've seen Eddie either limping severely or on crutches after games in which ran extremely hard. Eddie is talented enough to start on any team in CFB, but he came here, waited 3 years for his turn, and now he is the man. He deserves any and all accolades he gets.

JohnnyCache

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2002
Carrollton, GA but from Mobile, AL
6 yards per carry on average and T. J. Yeldon currently has 847 yards on the year. And we're still running a balanced attack. Congratulations EL. You are THE man. I think if we win the NC, he leaves for the NFL. If we fall short he may be back. And should he end up in the draft I pray to God that he ends up on a team that actually uses a running back. I feel so bad for Mark Ingram.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I loved how he was further behind the Allbarn guy in reaching 1000 yards and he got there before he did! He's battle tested and will be needed. If had been healthy for the year he would have put up Heisman numbers. I still believe he's the best back in the league above Gilleslee. Good job young man!!

LOL!! that allbarn guy was Tre Mason who got his 1k because the clock stop on change of possesion when Bama took the knee.

Last edited:

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
LOL!! that allbarn guy was Tre Mason who got his 1k because the clock stop on change of possesion when Bama took the need.
Yeah; that was kinda goofy, but at least the kid got his 1000. EL actually got over the 1k mark against starters...

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
TideFan in AU[QUOTE said:
I can't remember how many times I've seen Eddie either limping severely or on crutches after games in which ran extremely hard.
the hit he took to the head by a TAMU defender should have been a Personel Foul. I was so relieved to see him get up on his own accord. tough kid.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I hope our fans always remember the heart and team-first attitude EL has shown here. He played most of this year and last significantly injured, always came back the next week ready to run as hard as he could. I can't remember how many times I've seen Eddie either limping severely or on crutches after games in which ran extremely hard. Eddie is talented enough to start on any team in CFB, but he came here, waited 3 years for his turn, and now he is the man. He deserves any and all accolades he gets.
Bump - Ditto!!!^^^ Congrats to Eddie on the SECCG MVP!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.