Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 52
  1. #1
    BamaNation First Team crmsntd91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    471
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    C.J. Mosley vs. Manti Te'o Stats

    Just surfing on ESPN and continue to see stuff about Manti, deservingly so considering his season, but wanted to compare him to CJ.

    Looking at their stats side by side, CJ really isn't that far off from what Te'o has done this year, with far fewer snaps.

    Add in CJ's pick 6 to go with these stats.

    I am not saying that Manti Te'o doesn't deserve the hype, just wanting to point out that CJ Mosely is probably a top 5 LB in the country and no one is saying anything about it.

    Tackles Solo Assisted Sacks Ints Pd
    Mosley 92 56 36 4 2 2
    Te'o 101 46 55 1.5 7 4
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

  2. Advertisement
  3. #2
    BamaNation First Team Rolltide_PA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    913
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

    Re: C.J. Mosley vs. Manti Te'o Stats

    i really don't understand Heisman talk for a middle linebacker with just 5.5 tackles for loss. heck, that's a bad month for Clowney right now.

    not sure how many will remember Hugh Green from 1980 when he finished 2nd as a LB but that guy caused 117 yards lost with 17 sacks and 11 TFL which was his fourth straight year with DD sacks and TFL. He also had 123 tackles in 12 games with 77 of them solo

    now THOSE were Heisman-worthy numbers, not Manti's

  4. #3
    BamaNation First Team crmsntd91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    471
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com
    Thread Starter

    Re: C.J. Mosley vs. Manti Te'o Stats

    This is the main point I was getting at. While Manti is a great LB and leader, he is not the most outstanding football player in the NCAA. That should go to Johnny Manziel. I think Manti leading ND is making people trip over their feet about the guy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide_PA View Post
    i really don't understand Heisman talk for a middle linebacker with just 5.5 tackles for loss. heck, that's a bad month for Clowney right now.

    not sure how many will remember Hugh Green from 1980 when he finished 2nd as a LB but that guy caused 117 yards lost with 17 sacks and 11 TFL which was his fourth straight year with DD sacks and TFL. He also had 123 tackles in 12 games with 77 of them solo

    now THOSE were Heisman-worthy numbers, not Manti's
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

  5. #4
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Posts
    22,187
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    C.J. Mosley vs. Manti Te'o Stats

    Didn't think the stats were that similar. Yeah, they should give CJ a look see...

  6. #5
    BamaNation All-SEC bamagradinATL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    McKinney, TX
    Posts
    1,941
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: C.J. Mosley vs. Manti Te'o Stats

    Quote Originally Posted by crmsntd91 View Post
    This is the main point I was getting at. While Manti is a great LB and leader, he is not the most outstanding football player in the NCAA. That should go to Johnny Manziel. I think Manti leading ND is making people trip over their feet about the guy.
    ^^^This^^^. If Notre Dame wasn't undefeated, you wouldn't hear anything about the guy. More than half his tackles are assisted. Interesting...

  7. #6
    BamaNation Scout Team deltadave73's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, MS
    Posts
    7

    Re: C.J. Mosley vs. Manti Te'o Stats

    Its hard to put stats up when you play for Alabama, I bet the starters have missed at least 3 games worth of time from sitting during blowouts!

  8. #7
    BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    15,311
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    Re: C.J. Mosley vs. Manti Te'o Stats

    Consider also that Mosley isn't an every down linebacker.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

  9. #8
    BamaNation First Team crmsntd91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    471
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com
    Thread Starter

    Re: C.J. Mosley vs. Manti Te'o Stats

    And CJ only plays certain situations and is basically duplicating Te'os production.
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

  10. #9
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Posts
    22,187
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    C.J. Mosley vs. Manti Te'o Stats

    Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    Consider also that Mosley isn't an every down linebacker.
    That to me makes him better.

  11. #10
    BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida, United States
    Posts
    2,735

    Re: C.J. Mosley vs. Manti Te'o Stats

    interesting. i've seen all of Teo's interceptions and 6 of them were thrown RIGHT to him; he made a great diving play on one that incidentally should have been overturned for hitting the ground.

  12. #11
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    174

    Re: C.J. Mosley vs. Manti Te'o Stats

    Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Didn't think the stats were that similar. Yeah, they should give CJ a look see...
    For Heisman?

  13. #12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    8,307
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: C.J. Mosley vs. Manti Te'o Stats

    Quote Originally Posted by colbysullivan View Post
    interesting. i've seen all of Teo's interceptions and 6 of them were thrown RIGHT to him; he made a great diving play on one that incidentally should have been overturned for hitting the ground.
    Perhaps he's got better horizontal and vertical movement than most QB's give him...and he does a good job of baiting the throw and stepping in front of it late. Te'o is like a college football version of Brian Urlacher...a guy who can affect the running game and has the quick burst speed and identification ability to step in front of middle of the field passes.

  14. #13
    BamaNation First Team crmsntd91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    471
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com
    Thread Starter

    Re: C.J. Mosley vs. Manti Te'o Stats

    I agree that Manti is a great LB, but as good as he is, he shouldn't be in the same conversation as Heisman. I just don't feel like a MLB affects the game enough to be in the discussion.

    Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Perhaps he's got better horizontal and vertical movement than most QB's give him...and he does a good job of baiting the throw and stepping in front of it late. Te'o is like a college football version of Brian Urlacher...a guy who can affect the running game and has the quick burst speed and identification ability to step in front of middle of the field passes.
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!