Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: C.J. Mosley vs. Manti Te'o Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide_PA View Post
    i really don't understand Heisman talk for a middle linebacker with just 5.5 tackles for loss. heck, that's a bad month for Clowney right now.

not sure how many will remember Hugh Green from 1980 when he finished 2nd as a LB but that guy caused 117 yards lost with 17 sacks and 11 TFL which was his fourth straight year with DD sacks and TFL. He also had 123 tackles in 12 games with 77 of them solo

now THOSE were Heisman-worthy numbers, not Manti's
    Derrick Thomas still holds the single season NCAA record of 27 sacks in 1988.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by chuxlee View Post
    If DT did not win it, then no linebacker should!
    If DT is Derrick Thomas I absolutely agree! He beat Penn St. one year practically by himself! And had 27 sacks that year!
    Last edited by MOAN; November 26th, 2012 at 02:20 PM.

BamaNation First Team BamafanNPC's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rolltideallday View Post
    The leader thing is a bad argument because pretty much every team in the country has a good leader. His numbers other than INT's are pretty normal for his position and the sacks are very low. I think the hype has more to do with his personal story about the loss of his grandmother and girlfriend. He didn't get talked about before he played the game after that and the conversation hasn't stopped since.
    This. People love hearing stories about overcoming tragedy or death.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Derrick Thomas still holds the single season NCAA record of 27 sacks in 1988.
    Actually, he holds an officially unrecognized record. The NCAA didn't recognize sacks as a stat until later.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Personally, I think Jarvis Jones and Jadeveon Clowney are the two best defensive players in America. Te'o is not far behind but Jarvis Jones is like tornado rolling over opposing offenses. Clowney is much the same...LSU was the only game where I felt like he didn't affect the game much.

BamaNation First Team crmsntd91's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

We will see how good Jarvis Jones is this weekend. Our OL held LSU in check for the most part, they will get another test Saturday. Warmack will have a battle pulling and picking up Ogletree, along with Barrett having to hold is own with Jenkins.
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Your point?
    Just being non-PC and having a little fun with Teo's Hawaiian heritage, that's all.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Teo is not going to win the heisman folks. He is though at least deserving to be in the conversation. Anyone in the top 5-6 or so IMO is in the conversation. The love for Teo is for one reason and one reason only. He is the best player on currently the best team as far as the polls go. I dont have a beef with that. not saying it's right but it's always been that way. i must add that i'm not taking anything away from him. He's easily one of if not the top LBs in college football right now.
    Last edited by gamersfuel; November 26th, 2012 at 04:55 PM.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by deltadave73 View Post
    Its hard to put stats up when you play for Alabama, I bet the starters have missed at least 3 games worth of time from sitting during blowouts!
    BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Im_on_dsp View Post
    Just being non-PC and having a little fun with Teo's Hawaiian heritage, that's all.
    Not cool man. Not cool at all. Manti is the PC approved feel-good choice this year. Didn't you get the memo? I'll just get you another copy, ok?

BamaNation All-SEC TriCountyTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Well, Manti seems like an outstanding player. But, I would take C.J. Mosely over him anyday. JS.
    The avatar picture is of my Daughter Hailee and me. My daughter is a future Crimson Tide cheerleader

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Personally, I think Jarvis Jones and Jadeveon Clowney are the two best defensive players in America. Te'o is not far behind but Jarvis Jones is like tornado rolling over opposing offenses. Clowney is much the same...LSU was the only game where I felt like he didn't affect the game much.
    He was hurt - and still is...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team lincoln_osiris's Avatar
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Said in another thread that I wouldn't trade CJ for Te'o in a million years. Not saying he is not a great player but I would take CJ everytime. If you want to know where the ball is going just follow 32. He seems to always know what's coming and where to go...he also gets the rest of our guys where they are supposed to be. Both are great players, but I'll stick with our guy.
    I'm a lead farmer