C.J. Mosley vs. Manti Te'o Stats

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
Te'o is a top 3-4 ILB, but far from a heisman winner.
When ND beat Oklahoma, the media figured ND would become relevent to the BCSCG because of their easy schedule the rest of the year.
In the national media's eyes, If ND is relevent, they MUST have a heisman candidate whether warranted or not. It's just the way it is.

During the BCSCG we will hear how somebody else from ND should be in the heisman race for next year.

Te'o is a top 3-4 ILB, but far from a heisman winner.
When ND beat Oklahoma, the media figured ND would become relevent to the BCSCG because of their easy schedule the rest of the year.
In the national media's eyes, If ND is relevent, they MUST have a heisman candidate whether warranted or not. It's just the way it is.

During the BCSCG we will hear how somebody else from ND should be in the heisman race for next year.
Relevancy for Notre Dame usually means a 10 win season so why wouldn't they have a player in consideration for the Heisman at that point?

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Relevancy for Notre Dame usually means a 10 win season so why wouldn't they have a player in consideration for the Heisman at that point?
Agree - without ND he is not even in the Heisman conversation. He is not even the best linebacker in the country - let alone the best player in the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UnNFormedFan

Scout Team
Dec 22, 2009
Mobile
This is the main point I was getting at. While Manti is a great LB and leader, he is not the most outstanding football player in the NCAA. That should go to Johnny Manziel. I think Manti leading ND is making people trip over their feet about the guy.
It is just that he is the best player on ND and with them winning he is all they can hang their hats on. He is NOT the best player in college football.

HMM

All-SEC
Sep 1, 2007
I just want to see all of our RB's plowing into him and drop him like a dirty pair of socks as they run on by. All the way to our 5th string guy.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Every year has to be considered independently. This year has produced a few exciting players, but they all play for teams with one or more loss. That leaves someone line Te'o. Right place, right time. Heisman is about that more than talent - always has been.

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
Just surfing on ESPN and continue to see stuff about Manti, deservingly so considering his season, but wanted to compare him to CJ.

Looking at their stats side by side, CJ really isn't that far off from what Te'o has done this year, with far fewer snaps.

Add in CJ's pick 6 to go with these stats.

I am not saying that Manti Te'o doesn't deserve the hype, just wanting to point out that CJ Mosely is probably a top 5 LB in the country and no one is saying anything about it.

TacklesSoloAssistedSacksIntsPd
Mosley925636422
Te'o10146551.574
The numbers across the board for Jarvis Jones (my pick as the best defensive player in CFB this year):
71 total tackles
44 solo tackles
27 assisted tackles
10.5 sacks
1 interception
2 passes broken up

Add to this list the following:
19.5 tackles for loss
17 QB hurries
6 forced fumbles

Te'O by comparison, has the following lines:
5.5 tackles for loss
4 QB hurries
0 forced fumbles

No doubt they play two totally different LB roles on their team... but when you consider who they've played, how many games they've accumulated the stats (Jones - 10, Ta'O - 12), and the total impact on the games, I don't know how you can't invite Jones to NYC if Ta'O goes.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
The numbers across the board for Jarvis Jones (my pick as the best defensive player in CFB this year):
71 total tackles
44 solo tackles
27 assisted tackles
10.5 sacks
1 interception
2 passes broken up

Add to this list the following:
19.5 tackles for loss
17 QB hurries
6 forced fumbles

Te'O by comparison, has the following lines:
5.5 tackles for loss
4 QB hurries
0 forced fumbles

No doubt they play two totally different LB roles on their team... but when you consider who they've played, how many games they've accumulated the stats (Jones - 10, Ta'O - 12), and the total impact on the games, I don't know how you can't invite Jones to NYC if Ta'O goes.
it's more about Teo being the best player on the best team in the polls. Everyone including heisman voters know who has the better overall numbers.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.