C.J. Mosley vs. Manti Te'o Stats

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
Just surfing on ESPN and continue to see stuff about Manti, deservingly so considering his season, but wanted to compare him to CJ.

Looking at their stats side by side, CJ really isn't that far off from what Te'o has done this year, with far fewer snaps.

Add in CJ's pick 6 to go with these stats.

I am not saying that Manti Te'o doesn't deserve the hype, just wanting to point out that CJ Mosely is probably a top 5 LB in the country and no one is saying anything about it.

TacklesSoloAssistedSacksIntsPd
Mosley925636422
Te'o10146551.574

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
i really don't understand Heisman talk for a middle linebacker with just 5.5 tackles for loss. heck, that's a bad month for Clowney right now.

not sure how many will remember Hugh Green from 1980 when he finished 2nd as a LB but that guy caused 117 yards lost with 17 sacks and 11 TFL which was his fourth straight year with DD sacks and TFL. He also had 123 tackles in 12 games with 77 of them solo

now THOSE were Heisman-worthy numbers, not Manti's

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
This is the main point I was getting at. While Manti is a great LB and leader, he is not the most outstanding football player in the NCAA. That should go to Johnny Manziel. I think Manti leading ND is making people trip over their feet about the guy.

i really don't understand Heisman talk for a middle linebacker with just 5.5 tackles for loss. heck, that's a bad month for Clowney right now.

not sure how many will remember Hugh Green from 1980 when he finished 2nd as a LB but that guy caused 117 yards lost with 17 sacks and 11 TFL which was his fourth straight year with DD sacks and TFL. He also had 123 tackles in 12 games with 77 of them solo

now THOSE were Heisman-worthy numbers, not Manti's

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
This is the main point I was getting at. While Manti is a great LB and leader, he is not the most outstanding football player in the NCAA. That should go to Johnny Manziel. I think Manti leading ND is making people trip over their feet about the guy.
^^^This^^^. If Notre Dame wasn't undefeated, you wouldn't hear anything about the guy. More than half his tackles are assisted. Interesting...

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
interesting. i've seen all of Teo's interceptions and 6 of them were thrown RIGHT to him; he made a great diving play on one that incidentally should have been overturned for hitting the ground.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
interesting. i've seen all of Teo's interceptions and 6 of them were thrown RIGHT to him; he made a great diving play on one that incidentally should have been overturned for hitting the ground.
Perhaps he's got better horizontal and vertical movement than most QB's give him...and he does a good job of baiting the throw and stepping in front of it late. Te'o is like a college football version of Brian Urlacher...a guy who can affect the running game and has the quick burst speed and identification ability to step in front of middle of the field passes.

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
I agree that Manti is a great LB, but as good as he is, he shouldn't be in the same conversation as Heisman. I just don't feel like a MLB affects the game enough to be in the discussion.

Perhaps he's got better horizontal and vertical movement than most QB's give him...and he does a good job of baiting the throw and stepping in front of it late. Te'o is like a college football version of Brian Urlacher...a guy who can affect the running game and has the quick burst speed and identification ability to step in front of middle of the field passes.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
I was actually going to start a thread asking who was the better defensive player...Te'o or Clowney. I think if any defensive player gets invited to New York for the Heisman, it should have been Clowney.

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
I think Clowney also deserves some credit for showing steady improvement since his Senior year. Alot of people, including some of us, were saying how he would get big headed and not improve. He has not only added some pass rushing moves, he is really solid against the run, and has added a ton of muscle to his frame.

I really really enjoy watching Clowney play.

I was actually going to start a thread asking who was the better defensive player...Te'o or Clowney. I think if any defensive player gets invited to New York for the Heisman, it should have been Clowney.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.