Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Big A Jesse Palmer says Florida is #1... Period

Jesse was just on SportsCenter. He said Florida was the best team in the country... PERIOD. His reasoning was that UF beat Texas A&M, who beat Alabama. They beat LSU and their only loss was to UGA. In that game, the offense has their "E" effort and turned the ball over numerous times. Couldn't we play this game too? Thoughts?
    "You can shine a .... as much as you want but in the end all you will have is a shiney ....." - Nick Saban

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Re: Jesse Palmer says Florida is #1... Period

Quote Originally Posted by beardensdaman44 View Post
    Jesse was just on SportsCenter. He said Florida was the best team in the country... PERIOD. His reasoning was that UF beat Texas A&M, who beat Alabama. They beat LSU and their only loss was to UGA. In that game, the offense has their "E" effort and turned the ball over numerous times. Couldn't we play this game too? Thoughts?
    Florida lost to Georgia, who was blown out by South Carolina, who was dismantled by LSU, who lost to.... Alabama.

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    Florida lost to Georgia, who was blown out by South Carolina, who was dismantled by LSU, who lost to.... Alabama.

Exactly, you can say it any way you want. Florida has a great defense, but their offense is mediocre. They have the best resume, but don't turn it over that many times against Georgia and you would be in the SECCG and number 1 in the country.
    Roll Tide

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

I think the truth (according to Buzzard ) is that there's no real clear cut dominant or "best" team this season. Whether you're talking about Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Oregon, Notre Dame, Kstate etc. The common fan can watch several games of each of these teams throughout the regular season and begin picking out flaws.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Don't think FL would want a piece of A&M right now. No one probably would.

BamaNation All-American RollTideMang's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I guess we'll find out when they get paired up with Oregon in the Sugar Bowl (at least I hope so).

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Honestly I feel bad for Florida not getting a shot they have had a great year. To me they are way more deserving of being in the SEC champ game than Georgia.

They are suffering from a lower preseason ranking and the eye test but their results speak for themselves.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

They might have the best resume now. But whichever school wins the SECCG will have a better resume than Florida next week.
    Lucky #13

Hey Jesse, they give out the crystal football in January, not November....he should know that! Oh, I'm sorry your Gators do not get a chance to play for it...

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Jesse Palmer says Florida is #1... Period

Louisiana-Lafayette

And I rest my case...
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Second Team Born2Roll's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

We have destroyed them the last three meetings, left Tebow crying on the sideline, and made their championship coach quit... Most of their fan base is bitter and hates Alabama! Palmer is part of that group.
    "There's a lot of blood, sweat, and guts between dreams and success." -- Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonChuck View Post
    They might have the best resume now. But whichever school wins the SECCG will have a better resume than Florida next week.

True....Florida will get to go to the Sugar, while the loser of the SECCG may go as low as the chick fila. Florida is doing fine.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American bamabryan's Avatar

I wonder what his logic will be if Alabama beats Georgia (which I expect to happen as most of us here do) the team that beat his beloved Gators?