Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American PacadermaTideUs's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Re: Jesse Palmer says Florida is #1... Period

Quote Originally Posted by SavannahDare View Post
    Jesse Palmer's hair gel has been seeping into his brain for years. Take any and all commentary by him with a grain of salt. He can barely speak intelligibly half the time.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    Amazed on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Jesse Palmer says Florida is #1... Period

Quote Originally Posted by DallasRTR View Post
    Wow, a former Florida Player thinks Florida is the best team in the nation!! I'm so surprised!!
    Ok, sarcasm is done.

Florida is good, yes, but they did loose a game. Their SOS is also very good. But, this year we have the BCS who says #1 plays #2. The BCS puts together polls, computers, etc, and the BCS says #1 is Notre Dame and #2 is 'Bama.
    Florida is not even in the discussion.

So, who really cares what Jesse Palmer thinks?

Yes..
    " The greatest battles of life are fought daily in the silent chambers of our own soul"

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    Florida lost to Georgia, who was blown out by South Carolina, who was dismantled by LSU, who lost to.... Alabama.
    Yeah, I like word games also. Jesse Palmer probably has connections to Kevin Bacon too...

Suspended
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Jessie Palmer eats Will Muschamp's boogers during ESPN breaks.

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    And thanks for all who appreciate us here. We are not perfect by a long shot but are working on getting better.

Thanks again and roll tide!
    You're alright in my book, Bazza. Course, round here, that ain't saying a whole lot.
    RIP Hub

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Jesse Palmer says Florida is #1... Period

Does Mark Schlabah dislike Bama?! It's really beginning to seem like it.
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Does Mark Schlabah dislike Bama?! It's really beginning to seem like it.
    Georgia grad

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Jesse Palmer says Florida is #1... Period

Oh did not know that!
    ROLL TIDE!

My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rizolltizide View Post
    You're alright in my book, Bazza. Course, round here, that ain't saying a whole lot.
    Ha! Thanks Riz - I enjoy this forum because of the football savvy discussions so give yourself (yourselves) a pat on the back....this is a great community and I feel fortunate to have found it.

I just hope we can all stay friends when Florida plays Bama next year at the end of the year in the NC...

Now please.....take care of business on Saturday - do what we couldn't - send those dirty dawgs to the pound!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I think the truth (according to Buzzard ) is that there's no real clear cut dominant or "best" team this season. Whether you're talking about Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Oregon, Notre Dame, Kstate etc. The common fan can watch several games of each of these teams throughout the regular season and begin picking out flaws.
    that is very true. you can pick apart any team pretty much this year and there is no dominant team, but for jesse to say florida is #1 shows he is just being a homer. florida has a nice resume, but they got to face an a&m team early in the year before they played their first game and you see a lot of improvement for most teams from game 1 to game 2. If a&m had a game before they played florida that is a loss on their schedule. the night a&m beat alabama they would have beaten most teams in the country with how they played imo. uf beat usce and lsu and those are impressive wins, but then they come into jacksonville and they lose. the reason uf's offense was that bad had a lot to do with our defense and how we played them. if you look at the turnovers they had one which was a giveaway, the rest were taken from them. that is just great defensive plays. if uf had taken care of their business in jacksonville they would be in the dome, but they didn't and uga did. time for florida to stop whining and start getting ready for the sugar bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide1224 View Post
    Honestly I feel bad for Florida not getting a shot they have had a great year. To me they are way more deserving of being in the SEC champ game than Georgia.

They are suffering from a lower preseason ranking and the eye test but their results speak for themselves.
    they would be more deserving if they had beaten uga head to head, but they didn't. they are very fortunate james franklin can't hit wide open receivers and the ragin cajun's got a punt block so they could be them. that offense is challenged, but that defense is great. no team with what was at one time a 120th ranked offense needs to be talking about being the #1 team in the country. also their preseason ranking and eye test mean nothing because they couldn't beat uga.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabryan View Post
    I wonder what his logic will be if Alabama beats Georgia (which I expect to happen as most of us here do) the team that beat his beloved Gators?
    Me too. I think he thinks they are about to return to Meyer/Tebow era and got excited. Kinda confusing possible future with present. I want to see what he says once we soundly dismantle UGA. RTR
    User formerly known as "13 4 BAMA soon"

"they didn't stumble in to it, they didn't back in to it, they just whipped Miami 34-13" (Keith Jackson circa 1992-3 National Championship, ABC Sports)

My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

FYI: This was the first time all season Jesse had anything positive to say about his former team.

If that makes him a homer so be it but like I said before...he was disowned already before his comments this week - so it doesn't matter to us anyway....