Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

Re: Jesse Palmer says Florida is #1... Period

My brother the Gator fan, who sees things in his analysis that I miss said Alabama would roll this year's Gator team fwiw.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again
    But until that day you know you are
    The queen of my heart

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    My brother the Gator fan, who sees things in his analysis that I miss said Alabama would roll this year's Gator team fwiw.
    I totally agree with this. Even though both teams have the same won-loss record - they are miles apart in substance this season

Florida is still recovering from a very short recruiting year during Coach Meyer's last season (2010) - plus we had a lot of transition issues last season with the new coaching staff and new system and that carried over to this year with another new system (new O.C. Brent Pease) and young QB Jeff Driskel - so we are still rebuilding and developing - no doubt. We are hoping next year will be our year. But have to say all things considered we are very very VERY pleased with our 2012 season.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    I totally agree with this. Even though both teams have the same won-loss record - they are miles apart in substance this season

Florida is still recovering from a very short recruiting year during Coach Meyer's last season (2010) - plus we had a lot of transition issues last season with the new coaching staff and new system and that carried over to this year with another new system (new O.C. Brent Pease) and young QB Jeff Driskel - so we are still rebuilding and developing - no doubt. We are hoping next year will be our year. But have to say all things considered we are very very VERY pleased with our 2012 season.
    This all should give you hope for the future. I'll say I wasn't sold on Muschamp before this season but he's certainly done a fantastic job this year.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by rolltideallday View Post
    I think they have both said Florida is the best team in college football because: 1)they beat A&M who beat Bama 2) They beat LSU by more than we did

They played A&M in Manziel's first game ever and barely won at that. Had they played now I would pick A&M to win by 10. And they played LSU at the swamp before mettenberger had his coming out party. They are the stupidest "facts" to prove points I have seen on ESPN and already can't stand them

Also, Cowherd said that Saban being unbeatable after a month to prepare is a myth because we lost to Utah. When people said that was different because of multiple factors, he asked why we lost to A&M. I can take people saying bad things about Bama, but not when the "facts" they use don't apply or are very skewed
    they're opinions, nothing more...nothing less... take them with a grain of salt.

I can see why Cowherd said what he did about Bama...we're not unbeatable, we showed that on 10 November. The opinions going into that game were very exaggerated on how good we were...and some of the comments now are exaggerated the opposite...

But they're talking heads, and they can have their own opinions, it doesnt really matter either way, because if we win 2 more games, we'll be lifting the trophy.

... I'd rather have a team with a chip on their shouder, than one reading how unbeatable they are.

Roll Tide.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    Yeah, I like word games also. Jesse Palmer probably has connections to Kevin Bacon too...
    ...of course, for florida, you have to add who beat texas A&M, who beat alabama.
    Its all symantics, guys...we' play saturday for a spot in the BCSNCG.

I think Florida had a great season, but they lost to an divisional rival, and there was an undefeated team outside the conference, so only one SEC team will be going.

If Notre Dame had lost, Florida would have been in the running for the second spot, especially with Oregon out of the PAC12 championship game.

BamaNation Hall of Fame exiledNms's Avatar

Jesse Palmer...didn't he used to play football somewhere? FAU, maybe? What's he been up to since finishing?
    exiled

-------------------------
    "Let's see when we get a full body of work at the end of the season. If you get satisfied and you fall in love with yourself, you get complacent and lose your desire."
    Nick Saban

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exiledNms View Post
    Jesse Palmer...didn't he used to play football somewhere? FAU, maybe? What's he been up to since finishing?
    Trolling for dates on national TV.