Jesse Palmer says Florida is #1... Period

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I totally agree with this. Even though both teams have the same won-loss record - they are miles apart in substance this season

Florida is still recovering from a very short recruiting year during Coach Meyer's last season (2010) - plus we had a lot of transition issues last season with the new coaching staff and new system and that carried over to this year with another new system (new O.C. Brent Pease) and young QB Jeff Driskel - so we are still rebuilding and developing - no doubt. We are hoping next year will be our year. But have to say all things considered we are very very VERY pleased with our 2012 season.
This all should give you hope for the future. I'll say I wasn't sold on Muschamp before this season but he's certainly done a fantastic job this year.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I think they have both said Florida is the best team in college football because: 1)they beat A&M who beat Bama 2) They beat LSU by more than we did

They played A&M in Manziel's first game ever and barely won at that. Had they played now I would pick A&M to win by 10. And they played LSU at the swamp before mettenberger had his coming out party. They are the stupidest "facts" to prove points I have seen on ESPN and already can't stand them

Also, Cowherd said that Saban being unbeatable after a month to prepare is a myth because we lost to Utah. When people said that was different because of multiple factors, he asked why we lost to A&M. I can take people saying bad things about Bama, but not when the "facts" they use don't apply or are very skewed
they're opinions, nothing more...nothing less... take them with a grain of salt.

I can see why Cowherd said what he did about Bama...we're not unbeatable, we showed that on 10 November. The opinions going into that game were very exaggerated on how good we were...and some of the comments now are exaggerated the opposite...

But they're talking heads, and they can have their own opinions, it doesnt really matter either way, because if we win 2 more games, we'll be lifting the trophy.

... I'd rather have a team with a chip on their shouder, than one reading how unbeatable they are.

Roll Tide.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Yeah, I like word games also. Jesse Palmer probably has connections to Kevin Bacon too... ;)
...of course, for florida, you have to add who beat texas A&M, who beat alabama.
Its all symantics, guys...we' play saturday for a spot in the BCSNCG.

I think Florida had a great season, but they lost to an divisional rival, and there was an undefeated team outside the conference, so only one SEC team will be going.

If Notre Dame had lost, Florida would have been in the running for the second spot, especially with Oregon out of the PAC12 championship game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.