Jesse Palmer says Florida is #1... Period

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
I think they have both said Florida is the best team in college football because: 1)they beat A&M who beat Bama 2) They beat LSU by more than we did

They played A&M in Manziel's first game ever and barely won at that. Had they played now I would pick A&M to win by 10. And they played LSU at the swamp before mettenberger had his coming out party. They are the stupidest "facts" to prove points I have seen on ESPN and already can't stand them

Also, Cowherd said that Saban being unbeatable after a month to prepare is a myth because we lost to Utah. When people said that was different because of multiple factors, he asked why we lost to A&M. I can take people saying bad things about Bama, but not when the "facts" they use don't apply or are very skewed

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
Also, Palmer just said that Florida destroyed the South Carolina team that beat UGA 35-7. Then gave Florida a pass for losing to UGA. I just don't understand why nobody else on ESPN will just point out simple facts that I stated above and try to see what he says

TheSabanator

Suspended
Oct 1, 2011
Birmingham,Alabama
Jesse Palmer's hair gel has been seeping into his brain for years. Take any and all commentary by him with a grain of salt. He can barely speak intelligibly half the time. :rolleyes:
:biggrin: Laughing at the hair gel comment... :biggrin:
Jesse is a smart guy, but apparently not smart about football..........:biggrin2::biggrin2:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
You guys are forgetting the ONE thing that takes away ALL of Jesse Palmer's credibility--he was on the 5th season of The Bachelor. He lost his man card!

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Must be nice to get paid to talk on tv. Not everybody will like what he says, but I guess he's gotta say something.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
This is nice folks. Alabama is not going to be getting patted on the back all week long. People want Georgia win because they're sick of Alabama. So we're going to hear all week long about Alabama's weaknesses while Georgia's are ignored. It might not mean much, but it is an advantage.

The same thing will happen all December long if we beat Georgia. The media will unrelentingly hype Notre Dame. I like it.
Bingo. This! People outside the south are sick to death of the SEC's BCS dominance. Then, people in the south not Alabama fans are sick to death of Alabama. So we're getting the double whammy via the media and internet blogs, message boards etc.

It's a good sign! It means our program has done and is doing a lot of things right. We're consistently winning. It's when people start rooting for you (outside of your own fans) that we ought to get worried. :biggrin2:

Last edited:

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
It is amazing what Florida accomplished this year with their offense. I know an SEC official who worked a couple of Florida's games this year (both UF victories) and he said that they did not have a clue of what was going on on offense. He said it was like Keystone cops on the sideline, in the huddle, and on the field at times.
It was like watching a Gene Stallings team IMHO, and Florida fans always kidded us about our time under Coach Stallings. Now who has the offense? :)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
We have destroyed them the last three meetings, left Tebow crying on the sideline, and made their championship coach quit... Most of their fan base is bitter and hates Alabama! Palmer is part of that group.
FWIW....

Every Gator I know (and that's a LOT of Gators) has nothing....and I mean nothing...but respect for the Alabama football program.

Add to this - we are all very disappointed and in disagreement with 90% of Jesse Palmer's remarks - and have 'unofficially' disowned him.

But during last night's BCS Countdown it was David Pollack and Herbie showing all the Gator love...not so much Jesse...until the other 2 spoke up.

Sorry for any idiotic comments you hear from those who claim to be Gators. They are not representative of the majority of Gators I know who are not in denial of where we are right now...in transition.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
FWIW....

Every Gator I know (and that's a LOT of Gators) has nothing....and I mean nothing...but respect for the Alabama football program.

Add to this - we are all very disappointed and in disagreement with 90% of Jesse Palmer's remarks - and have 'unofficially' disowned him.

But during last night's BCS Countdown it was David Pollack and Herbie showing all the Gator love...not so much Jesse...until the other 2 spoke up.

Sorry for any idiotic comments you hear from those who claim to be Gators. They are not representative of the majority of Gators I know who are not in denial of where we are right now...in transition.
I can back this up I live between Big Gator fans. They Love the Tide. One went on a cruise ship the night of the Michigan game & they gave out hats for both teams you just had to chose one, she brought the Bama hat back to my Dad.
gators have class, and I told everyone Muschamp would have a much better than expected team.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
The American public that follows college football hates the SEC in general and Alabama in particular. As for Palmer and Pollack I am okay with whatever they say, it is their opinion, some of the folks on here are way too sensitive.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Thank you Tom and Gray.

This is a Bama forum so I'm OK with the Gators receiving both positive and negative comments - it comes with the territory.

I truly believe that all fan bases (including the Crimson and Gator Nations) are comprised of quite savvy enthusiasts....who are also good sports. Well...maybe with the exception of Georgia. :tongue:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.