Jesse Palmer says Florida is #1... Period

beardensdaman44

All-SEC
Mar 7, 2006
Jesse was just on SportsCenter. He said Florida was the best team in the country... PERIOD. His reasoning was that UF beat Texas A&M, who beat Alabama. They beat LSU and their only loss was to UGA. In that game, the offense has their "E" effort and turned the ball over numerous times. Couldn't we play this game too? Thoughts?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Jesse was just on SportsCenter. He said Florida was the best team in the country... PERIOD. His reasoning was that UF beat Texas A&M, who beat Alabama. They beat LSU and their only loss was to UGA. In that game, the offense has their "E" effort and turned the ball over numerous times. Couldn't we play this game too? Thoughts?
Florida lost to Georgia, who was blown out by South Carolina, who was dismantled by LSU, who lost to.... Alabama.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Florida lost to Georgia, who was blown out by South Carolina, who was dismantled by LSU, who lost to.... Alabama.

Exactly, you can say it any way you want. Florida has a great defense, but their offense is mediocre. They have the best resume, but don't turn it over that many times against Georgia and you would be in the SECCG and number 1 in the country.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I think the truth (according to Buzzard :biggrin:) is that there's no real clear cut dominant or "best" team this season. Whether you're talking about Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Oregon, Notre Dame, Kstate etc. The common fan can watch several games of each of these teams throughout the regular season and begin picking out flaws.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Honestly I feel bad for Florida not getting a shot they have had a great year. To me they are way more deserving of being in the SEC champ game than Georgia.

They are suffering from a lower preseason ranking and the eye test but their results speak for themselves.

Cadillac55

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 18, 2010
Hey Jesse, they give out the crystal football in January, not November....he should know that! Oh, I'm sorry your Gators do not get a chance to play for it...

Born2Roll

3rd Team
Oct 8, 2004
Tallahassee, FL
We have destroyed them the last three meetings, left Tebow crying on the sideline, and made their championship coach quit... Most of their fan base is bitter and hates Alabama! Palmer is part of that group.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
I wonder what his logic will be if Alabama beats Georgia (which I expect to happen as most of us here do) the team that beat his beloved Gators?

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Pollack and Palmer can't contain their homerism this year because their teams are actually good. Which is why I turn the channel.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
I like Jesse Palmer. He seems much more intelligent than the Georgia homer on the BCS countdown show who is still promoting Oregon as the best team in the land.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
Don't think FL would want a piece of A&M right now. No one probably would.
Although you may be right let's not paint TAMU as some unbeatable monster. This is a very different and very new system that SEC defenses have to be ready for every season. I would bet my pay check right now there will be a vast difference when they play Bama next season. Nick eventually dismantled the amazing Urban Meyer/Tim Tebow offense and he will do the same to this one.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Although you may be right let's not paint TAMU as some unbeatable monster. This is a very different and very new system that SEC defenses have to be ready for every season. I would bet my pay check right now there will be a vast difference when they play Bama next season. Nick eventually dismantled the amazing Urban Meyer/Tim Tebow offense and he will do the same to this one.

I told my Dad the other day that I'm curious to see how Johnny Football performs next season. Will he equal or better his stats from this season? Defenses now have a full season of game tape on Sumlins offense operating against SEC teams. Don't think for one minute adjustments won't be made.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I can hardly believe Manziel hasn't fumbled the football 20 times this year the way he holds it. I also wish Swope would get flagged for how he acts after making a big catch.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
I told my Dad the other day that I'm curious to see how Johnny Football performs next season. Will he equal or better his stats from this season? Defenses now have a full season of game tape on Sumlins offense operating against SEC teams. Don't think for one minute adjustments won't be made.
Our staff made some halftime adjustments, and we looked much better in the second half. I know that they will do much better with an off season to study that film.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Agree!

Agree again!

Pollack and Palmer can't contain their homerism this year because their teams are actually good. Which is why I turn the channel.
Me? I watch but know what you say is true. But I'll give credit to Rece Davis and Mark May. If you didn't know were they graduated/played you'd never know from their on camera statements.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.