Jesse Palmer says Florida is #1... Period

DallasRTR

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2007
Wow, a former Florida Player thinks Florida is the best team in the nation!! I'm so surprised!!
Ok, sarcasm is done.

Florida is good, yes, but they did loose a game. Their SOS is also very good. But, this year we have the BCS who says #1 plays #2. The BCS puts together polls, computers, etc, and the BCS says #1 is Notre Dame and #2 is 'Bama.
Florida is not even in the discussion.

So, who really cares what Jesse Palmer thinks?

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Concur but I was talking this season not next season. I expect everyone will be a little better prepared. However, if FL had played A&M in the 8th game of this season I suspect things would have turned out differently.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Concur but I was talking this season not next season. I expect everyone will be a little better prepared. However, if FL had played A&M in the 8th game of this season I suspect things would have turned out differently.
I still find it amazing that aTm played an entire season (I believe) without a bye week yet showed no signs of fatigue. They must have an incredible conditioning program.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
They probably have the best resume, but too bad for them they lost to the wrong team. If we had lost to LSU instead of TAMU, then we would be in the same boat.

JAXFLBAMAFAN

All-SEC
Nov 30, 1999
Jacksonville FL
Although you may be right let's not paint TAMU as some unbeatable monster. This is a very different and very new system that SEC defenses have to be ready for every season. I would bet my pay check right now there will be a vast difference when they play Bama next season. Nick eventually dismantled the amazing Urban Meyer/Tim Tebow offense and he will do the same to this one.
And Bama was one 4 yards away from beatin tam, and going undefeated.

Last edited by a moderator:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
FL has the strongest claim to the top spot if you just look at the numbers (computers), but I'm betting most unbiased folks would expect Alabama to win 8 of 10 games against FL, if not more (humans). They just don't pass the eye-test.

RVTIDER

Hall of Fame
Oct 29, 2004
Tuscaloosa, Al.
I have never posted that ESPN or any announcer is biased about one team or another because I view and listen to them through crimson glasses. Having said that, here is my first post saying otherwise. Pollack and Palmer are tools and have made me change the channel when watching ESPN and a show dedicated to college football.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
Florida is as good as anybody. I'd put them ahead of Notre Dame. Unfortunately for them, they lost and don't control their destiny. It would have been nice to play the Dawgs and then the Gators for the BCSNC, but it's not going to happen.

beardensdaman44

All-SEC
Mar 7, 2006
Jesse on again. Just said that ND would rather see Bama that UGa because UGA has a more athletic defense. "Kenny Bell is Bama's best deep threat. With him out, I think UGA can handle the run." A quote from the bachelor.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Jesse was just on SportsCenter. He said Florida was the best team in the country... PERIOD. His reasoning was that UF beat Texas A&M, who beat Alabama. They beat LSU and their only loss was to UGA. In that game, the offense has their "E" effort and turned the ball over numerous times. Couldn't we play this game too? Thoughts?
Palmer is a loser, always has been. Who cares what he says.

BamaBoots

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
Rocket City
FL has the strongest claim to the top spot if you just look at the numbers (computers), but I'm betting most unbiased folks would expect Alabama to win 8 of 10 games against FL, if not more (humans). They just don't pass the eye-test.
Pollock(Georgia Grad) has always had a thing for Alabama and now Palmer(Florida Grad) is starting up. It's bad enough to get it from the other SEC haters now we have to take it from our own conference members.:BigA::mad2::BigA:

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
I can hardly believe Manziel hasn't fumbled the football 20 times this year the way he holds it. I also wish Swope would get flagged for how he acts after making a big catch.
I see I'm not the only one that has noticed this. He should act like he's been there before. I'm surprised someone has not tatooed him due to the way he acts after a reception.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
This is nice folks. Alabama is not going to be getting patted on the back all week long. People want Georgia win because they're sick of Alabama. So we're going to hear all week long about Alabama's weaknesses while Georgia's are ignored. It might not mean much, but it is an advantage.

The same thing will happen all December long if we beat Georgia. The media will unrelentingly hype Notre Dame. I like it.

tide13

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 18, 2002
Birmingham
Jessie Palmer is an idiot. He also was't a very good QB. Nor is he a good analyst. About the best thing I can say about him is he's Canadian...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.