Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Notre Dame Very Beatable

With the media singing the praises of Notre Dame, I can't help but recall them being one PHANTOM pass interference call on 4th and 4 from losing to Pittsburgh 20-6.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team Rolltide_PA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Notre Dame Very Beatable

championship teams will catch a break in a poorly played game...that's just how it goes. I remember sportscenter and cbs whining that Cody should have been penalized for taking his helmet off while running off the field after the Rocky Block.

BamaNation All-American BamaMoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched the entire USC/ND game Saturday night and I'll just say if that is close to their best effort then it won't be near enough in January if they get the privilege of playing us!

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    I watched the entire USC/ND game Saturday night and I'll just say if that is close to their best effort then it won't be near enough in January if they get the privilege of playing us!
    They won't be able to play their safeties back to protect their corners like they did w/SC. Our run game will be too much. When they come up, our passing game will get them. They have a good back, decent QB and a good TE but nothing we should not be able to handle.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

ND hasn't played a defense anywhere near the caliber of Bama's, and they still have trouble scoring. Nor has their defense played a balanced offense. IMHO, I think the SECCG will be a better game than the BCSCG (if Bama wins the sECCG).

Post Thanks / Like

First we have to get by Georgia, and this Notre Dame team reminds me alot of our 92 team, really good defense, and just enough offense to win a game. Remember how everyone was saying Miami would kill us. I hope we get to that game, becuase it may equal the superbowl with ratings, that wont hurt our recruiting!

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide_PA View Post
    I remember sportscenter and cbs whining that Cody should have been penalized for taking his helmet off while running off the field after the Rocky Block.
    Although I am sure that they failed to mention that if he had been penalized, it would have just been on the kickoff. They changed the rule the next season after the Cody incident.
    Lucky #13

BamaNation First Team crmsntd91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Alabama will blow ND off the field if they earn the opportunity this weekend.

I do think Georgia would struggle because their O-line may have some problems against ND's front 7 and Aaron Murray would then proceed to throw beautiful balls to the ND secondary.
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

BamaNation First Team Snuffy Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Notre Dame Very Beatable

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonChuck View Post
    Although I am sure that they failed to mention that if he had been penalized, it would have just been on the kickoff. They changed the rule the next season after the Cody incident.
    Actually post possession - so we would have had a 15 yarder against us and then had to line up, snap the ball and take a knee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Notre dame would have huge problems with either our defense or yalls. The reason being that they havent seen the kind of team speed(especially on defense)that we would bring to the table(jarvis jones,alec ogletree)at linebacker. Also the size of our guys up front like john jenkins(6ft4,385pds). This game against alabama is a much bigger challenge for us than a matchup between us and notre dame would be. This notre dame team was taken to the edge by the pittsburgh panthers and thanks to the officiating they won that game. They also shouldve lost to stanford at home. Stanfords defense,which is much slower than ours
    dominated them. Our offensive line has played splendid the entire second half of the season and have done a great job opening holes for our backs.

BamaNation First Team crmsntd91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Not trying to bad mouth GA, I just don't think their line has proven themselves against any real competition yet. The SC game they got whipped as they did in the Florida game, its just Florida tried as hard as possible to give the game away but yet still barely lost.

You may say Alabama has only played two good defenses in LSU and A&M, Michigan's isn't to shabby, but go look at the rushing totals for Alabama in both of those games. Our loss has not been due to line play at all, if anything it has been due to a lack of committment to the running game by the coaches. Since the WKU debacle with the OLine, our OLine has completely lived up to its billing.

Not trying to bad mouth GA, I just don't think their line has proven themselves against any real competition yet. the
    Quote Originally Posted by GADAWG1980 View Post
    Notre dame would have huge problems with either our defense or yalls. The reason being that they havent seen the kind of team speed(especially on defense)that we would bring to the table(jarvis jones,alec ogletree)at linebacker. Also the size of our guys up front like john jenkins(6ft4,385pds). This game against alabama is a much bigger challenge for us than a matchup between us and notre dame would be. This notre dame team was taken to the edge by the pittsburgh panthers and thanks to the officiating they won that game. They also shouldve lost to stanford at home. Stanfords defense,which is much slower than ours
    dominated them. Our offensive line has played splendid the entire second half of the season and have done a great job opening holes for our backs.
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crmsntd91 View Post
    Not trying to bad mouth GA, I just don't think their line has proven themselves against any real competition yet. The SC game they got whipped as they did in the Florida game, its just Florida tried as hard as possible to give the game away but yet still barely lost.

You may say Alabama has only played two good defenses in LSU and A&M, Michigan's isn't to shabby, but go look at the rushing totals for Alabama in both of those games. Our loss has not been due to line play at all, if anything it has been due to a lack of committment to the running game by the coaches. Since the WKU debacle with the OLine, our OLine has completely lived up to its billing.

Not trying to bad mouth GA, I just don't think their line has proven themselves against any real competition yet. the
    Got whipped??by florida,i dont think so and the stats from the game bear that out. Todd gurley went for over 100 yards against the gators. I was there in jacksonville and i can tell you our o line opened up huge holes in the florida line,defensively we sacked jeff driskell(one of the most mobile qb,s in the nation)four times. Because of the constant pressure we put on him throughout the game he was intercepted three times as well. He was hurried and chased all afternoon that day. The first half of the season i would agree with you(s.c.) but as we got all our players back from suspension we gelled nicely on defense,the florida game proved that. Our offensive line has performed well from start to finish,only getting better as the season has progressed. If keith marshall saw more playing time we would have two 1,000 yard backs in a single season. And both freshman,very impressive in my opinion. Without quality play from our o line those guys wouldve had a much tougher time of it this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GADAWG1980 View Post
    the only game i've seen of NDs is this past weekend vs. USC. based on that, i think that ND would be beaten pretty soundly by the top 4 if not the top 6 SEC teams.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon