Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Notre Dame Very Beatable

Quote Originally Posted by GADAWG1980 View Post
    Notre dame would have huge problems with either our defense or yalls. The reason being that they havent seen the kind of team speed(especially on defense)that we would bring to the table(jarvis jones,alec ogletree)at linebacker. Also the size of our guys up front like john jenkins(6ft4,385pds). This game against alabama is a much bigger challenge for us than a matchup between us and notre dame would be. This notre dame team was taken to the edge by the pittsburgh panthers and thanks to the officiating they won that game. They also shouldve lost to stanford at home. Stanfords defense,which is much slower than ours
    dominated them. Our offensive line has played splendid the entire second half of the season and have done a great job opening holes for our backs.
    ND would not beat UA, UGA, UF, LSU. and maybe USCe. This is not the big whatever and the acc

2. Advertisement

They ran the ball well on Florida, but they didn't protect Murray all that well. He didn't get sacked but he was under constant pressure and was throwing the ball into coverages. Yall's d-line is like jekly and hyde, one game they completely dominate the tempo of the game, the next game not so much.

Not taking away from the 4 sacks, thats impressive, but there is some misunderstood thing with mobile QB's, they usually get sacked more than good pocket presence QB's due to holding onto the ball for to long.

Quote Originally Posted by GADAWG1980 View Post
    Got whipped??by florida,i dont think so and the stats from the game bear that out. Todd gurley went for over 100 yards against the gators. I was there in jacksonville and i can tell you our o line opened up huge holes in the florida line,defensively we sacked jeff driskell(one of the most mobile qb,s in the nation)four times. Because of the constant pressure we put on him throughout the game he was intercepted three times as well. He was hurried and chased all afternoon that day. The first half of the season i would agree with you(s.c.) but as we got all our players back from suspension we gelled nicely on defense,the florida game proved that. Our offensive line has performed well from start to finish,only getting better as the season has progressed. If keith marshall saw more playing time we would have two 1,000 yard backs in a single season. And both freshman,very impressive in my opinion. Without quality play from our o line those guys wouldve had a much tougher time of it this year.
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

BamaNation All-SEC

Bamamc1is right. I've seen ND play four games this year. They should have lost twice already, though they did not and that is a tribute to something in them. I do not think they would be able to keep up with the team speed of the top four or five SEC teams. Brent was gushing over what they did Saturday night to a fairly mediocre (and not very well-coached) USC team and that game was close deep in the 4th quarter. I'd say they'd be about 3rd or 4th in the SEC West, depending on what goofy decisions the Hat made. TA&M might boat race them right now. UGA would beat them if Murray had a good night. I think we would beat them, mostly by forcing them to crowd the line and then throwing over them. They and Florida would be a great game, probably turning out about like the FSU game. I think they beat USCe with Lattimore out and Clowney hurting. But I wouldn't bet on that game.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Notre Dame Very Beatable

I just wait for Bama to get to Miami. A well rested Bama team is going to be too tough!
    ROLL TIDE!

I actually think that we match up better with you guys than with Georgia.

We provide matchups on offense that will be difficult for any defense. No one can single cover Tyler Eifert. And I mean nobody. He is a first round TE. Once that matchup is accounted for, we can pretty much throw the ball to any receiver we want. And our #1 receiver will be back for the NCG anyway. Not to mention, we have 3 RB's that have had multiple 100 yd games this season, and if you watched the U$C game, you saw what Theo Riddick is capable of. And there is the mobile QB to account for.

On defense, I would agree that we won't be able to drop back safeties like we did against U$C. That is why the holes in the middle were open for U$C to run the ball. We had to watch Lee & Wood. When not dropping back our safeties, we shut down Stephan Taylor and Leveon Bell, and any other RB b/c 1) we have a solid front 7, and 2) we didn't have to worry about 2 NFL ready WR's like Lee and Wood for U$C. With Bell out and really only Cooper to worry about for you guys in the passing attack, I think we would match up pretty well on D.

Our red zone scoring was skeptic against USC, but if we improve in the next 44 days I think there are solid matchups all along the field. We have faced speed (Miami, Oklahoma) and power (Stanford, MSU) this year. I understand that because we had close games, there is room to be skeptical. But to think that we wouldn't beat any of the top 4 teams in the SEC? That is insanity.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

LBs that run 4.5 40s aren't seen much outside the SEC...they tend to neutralize TEs...
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    LBs that run 4.5 40s aren't seen much outside the SEC...they tend to neutralize TEs...
    Right. I don't doubt that Mosley, Dickson and co. could neutralize in some sitations. But Eifert causes a matchup problem no matter what. Besides Chris Gragg, there really isn't any other TE's in SEC in top ten in CFB. Mayyybbee Lutzenkirchen, but not really. And with Arkansas passing attack this year, I don't think Bama has seen a player quite like Eifert. I'm not saying he's going to dominate, I'm just saying he causes matchup problems.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post
    I actually think that we match up better with you guys than with Georgia.

We provide matchups on offense that will be difficult for any defense. No one can single cover Tyler Eifert. And I mean nobody. He is a first round TE. Once that matchup is accounted for, we can pretty much throw the ball to any receiver we want. And our #1 receiver will be back for the NCG anyway. Not to mention, we have 3 RB's that have had multiple 100 yd games this season, and if you watched the U$C game, you saw what Theo Riddick is capable of. And there is the mobile QB to account for.

On defense, I would agree that we won't be able to drop back safeties like we did against U$C. That is why the holes in the middle were open for U$C to run the ball. We had to watch Lee & Wood. When not dropping back our safeties, we shut down Stephan Taylor and Leveon Bell, and any other RB b/c 1) we have a solid front 7, and 2) we didn't have to worry about 2 NFL ready WR's like Lee and Wood for U$C. With Bell out and really only Cooper to worry about for you guys in the passing attack, I think we would match up pretty well on D.

Our red zone scoring was skeptic against USC, but if we improve in the next 44 days I think there are solid matchups all along the field. We have faced speed (Miami, Oklahoma) and power (Stanford, MSU) this year. I understand that because we had close games, there is room to be skeptical. But to think that we wouldn't beat any of the top 4 teams in the SEC? That is insanity.
    I'm pretty sure sure Moseley, Milliner, Lester, et al would stand a chance at covering your TE. Notre Dame doesn't have any receivers of much note outside of him. Bama's probably faced 6 or 8 RB's already this year that are better than Riddick and will add 2 more after they play UGA. Lots of RB's have had success against USC this year in case you haven't noticed.

If we do make it to the NC, I hope your defense thinks the only receiver they have to account for is Cooper. We don't have Lee and Woods, but we have a group of solid guys with a much better QB than Wittek and a much better O line than USC's. Lacy and Yeldon >>>> Taylor and Bell and there again, Bama's O line >>>> Stanford and MSU (lol, really?)

Actually, the fact that you're trying to compare Bama to Miami, Oklahoma, USC, Michigan State, et al tells me all I need to know about your football opinion
    That's the paradox of success. The moment you stop to enjoy it, you are in trouble. You have to keep moving forward. It's not what you have done that's important. It's where you are going.
    Alabama Coach Nick Saban

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I agree with another post. I think several teams in the SEC can beat Notre Dame. They have not even come close to seeing the overall team speed either UA or UGA have.

Quote Originally Posted by REBELZED View Post
    I'm pretty sure sure Moseley, Milliner, Lester, et al would stand a chance at covering your TE. Notre Dame doesn't have any receivers of much note outside of him. Bama's probably faced 6 or 8 RB's already this year that are better than Riddick and will add 2 more after they play UGA. Lots of RB's have had success against USC this year in case you haven't noticed.

If we do make it to the NC, I hope your defense thinks the only receiver they have to account for is Cooper. We don't have Lee and Woods, but we have a group of solid guys with a much better QB than Wittek and a much better O line than USC's. Lacy and Yeldon >>>> Taylor and Bell and there again, Bama's O line >>>> Stanford and MSU (lol, really?)

Actually, the fact that you're trying to compare Bama to Miami, Oklahoma, USC, Michigan State, et al tells me all I need to know about your football opinion
    None of the teams I listed are as good as your defense. But there are aspects of every team we have played that we have shut down. Speedy WR's in Dorsett, Lee, & Woods. Good RB's in Bell and Taylor. Yes, Lacy and Yeldon are much better, but that doesn't mean they will dominate the 2nd best scoring D in the country. Bell & Taylor have put up top numbers this year, albeit against worse defenses. Also beat a front 7 in Stanford (who, although slow, shut down the fastest team in the country).

I'm sure you have a group of solid guys at WR this year that are capable of making big plays. It sucks that the WR core has suffered a few injuries. I get that. But besides Cooper, no other WR has more than 4 catches on the year. It is to be seen how good the redshirt freshman Black will be, and maybe we will see this Saturday. McCarron is obviously lightyears ahead of Wittek, yet even when Woods and Lee got the ball, we held them to their lowest yards after the catch of their entire careers as CFB players. We had to give up a little in the run game to do that. I don't think we would need to do that against Bama or Georgia.

I want to face 'bama in the NCG, as do most ND fans. We want to beat the best. Again, I hope to talk matchups after this Saturday on here. It's an enticing game, and I think it may be closer than many in the SEC think.

BamaNation All-American NationalTitles15's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post
    I'm sure you have a group of solid guys at WR this year that are capable of making big plays. It sucks that the WR core has suffered a few injuries. I get that. But besides Cooper, no other WR has more than 4 catches on the year.

We had to give up a little in the run game to do that. I don't think we would need to do that against Bama or Georgia.
    What? No offense intended, but you need to check your stats again, my friend. Jones and Norwood each have >20 receptions on the year. Here, let me help you to stop embarrassing yourself.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ason_stats.pdf

And I pray your coaches think like you do they don't need to worry about the passing game against Bama or Georgia. Good thing for ND is they know better.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles14 View Post
    What? No offense intended, but you need to check your stats again, my friend. Jones and Norwood each have >20 receptions on the year. Here, let me help you to stop embarrassing yourself.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ason_stats.pdf

And I pray your coaches think like you do they don't need to worry about the passing game against Bama or Georgia. Good thing for ND is they know better.
    Heck Norwood had 2 or 3go catches on that final LSU drive alone.

BamaNation All-American bamabryan's Avatar

Our national championship game is Saturday. Alabama will mop the floor with ND.