Notre Dame Very Beatable

BamaSam1

Scout Team
Dec 12, 2011
With the media singing the praises of Notre Dame, I can't help but recall them being one PHANTOM pass interference call on 4th and 4 from losing to Pittsburgh 20-6.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
championship teams will catch a break in a poorly played game...that's just how it goes. I remember sportscenter and cbs whining that Cody should have been penalized for taking his helmet off while running off the field after the Rocky Block.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I watched the entire USC/ND game Saturday night and I'll just say if that is close to their best effort then it won't be near enough in January if they get the privilege of playing us!

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
I watched the entire USC/ND game Saturday night and I'll just say if that is close to their best effort then it won't be near enough in January if they get the privilege of playing us!
They won't be able to play their safeties back to protect their corners like they did w/SC. Our run game will be too much. When they come up, our passing game will get them. They have a good back, decent QB and a good TE but nothing we should not be able to handle.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
ND hasn't played a defense anywhere near the caliber of Bama's, and they still have trouble scoring. Nor has their defense played a balanced offense. IMHO, I think the SECCG will be a better game than the BCSCG (if Bama wins the sECCG).

chuxlee

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2008
First we have to get by Georgia, and this Notre Dame team reminds me alot of our 92 team, really good defense, and just enough offense to win a game. Remember how everyone was saying Miami would kill us. I hope we get to that game, becuase it may equal the superbowl with ratings, that wont hurt our recruiting!

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
I remember sportscenter and cbs whining that Cody should have been penalized for taking his helmet off while running off the field after the Rocky Block.
Although I am sure that they failed to mention that if he had been penalized, it would have just been on the kickoff. They changed the rule the next season after the Cody incident.

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
Alabama will blow ND off the field if they earn the opportunity this weekend.

I do think Georgia would struggle because their O-line may have some problems against ND's front 7 and Aaron Murray would then proceed to throw beautiful balls to the ND secondary.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Although I am sure that they failed to mention that if he had been penalized, it would have just been on the kickoff. They changed the rule the next season after the Cody incident.
Actually post possession - so we would have had a 15 yarder against us and then had to line up, snap the ball and take a knee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
Notre dame would have huge problems with either our defense or yalls. The reason being that they havent seen the kind of team speed(especially on defense)that we would bring to the table(jarvis jones,alec ogletree)at linebacker. Also the size of our guys up front like john jenkins(6ft4,385pds). This game against alabama is a much bigger challenge for us than a matchup between us and notre dame would be. This notre dame team was taken to the edge by the pittsburgh panthers and thanks to the officiating they won that game. They also shouldve lost to stanford at home. Stanfords defense,which is much slower than ours
dominated them. Our offensive line has played splendid the entire second half of the season and have done a great job opening holes for our backs.

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
Not trying to bad mouth GA, I just don't think their line has proven themselves against any real competition yet. The SC game they got whipped as they did in the Florida game, its just Florida tried as hard as possible to give the game away but yet still barely lost.

You may say Alabama has only played two good defenses in LSU and A&M, Michigan's isn't to shabby, but go look at the rushing totals for Alabama in both of those games. Our loss has not been due to line play at all, if anything it has been due to a lack of committment to the running game by the coaches. Since the WKU debacle with the OLine, our OLine has completely lived up to its billing.

Not trying to bad mouth GA, I just don't think their line has proven themselves against any real competition yet. the
Notre dame would have huge problems with either our defense or yalls. The reason being that they havent seen the kind of team speed(especially on defense)that we would bring to the table(jarvis jones,alec ogletree)at linebacker. Also the size of our guys up front like john jenkins(6ft4,385pds). This game against alabama is a much bigger challenge for us than a matchup between us and notre dame would be. This notre dame team was taken to the edge by the pittsburgh panthers and thanks to the officiating they won that game. They also shouldve lost to stanford at home. Stanfords defense,which is much slower than ours
dominated them. Our offensive line has played splendid the entire second half of the season and have done a great job opening holes for our backs.

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
Not trying to bad mouth GA, I just don't think their line has proven themselves against any real competition yet. The SC game they got whipped as they did in the Florida game, its just Florida tried as hard as possible to give the game away but yet still barely lost.

You may say Alabama has only played two good defenses in LSU and A&M, Michigan's isn't to shabby, but go look at the rushing totals for Alabama in both of those games. Our loss has not been due to line play at all, if anything it has been due to a lack of committment to the running game by the coaches. Since the WKU debacle with the OLine, our OLine has completely lived up to its billing.

Not trying to bad mouth GA, I just don't think their line has proven themselves against any real competition yet. the
Got whipped??by florida,i dont think so and the stats from the game bear that out. Todd gurley went for over 100 yards against the gators. I was there in jacksonville and i can tell you our o line opened up huge holes in the florida line,defensively we sacked jeff driskell(one of the most mobile qb,s in the nation)four times. Because of the constant pressure we put on him throughout the game he was intercepted three times as well. He was hurried and chased all afternoon that day. The first half of the season i would agree with you(s.c.) but as we got all our players back from suspension we gelled nicely on defense,the florida game proved that. Our offensive line has performed well from start to finish,only getting better as the season has progressed. If keith marshall saw more playing time we would have two 1,000 yard backs in a single season. And both freshman,very impressive in my opinion. Without quality play from our o line those guys wouldve had a much tougher time of it this year.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
the only game i've seen of NDs is this past weekend vs. USC. based on that, i think that ND would be beaten pretty soundly by the top 4 if not the top 6 SEC teams.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
ND would not beat UA, UGA, UF, LSU. and maybe USCe. This is not the big whatever and the acc

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
They ran the ball well on Florida, but they didn't protect Murray all that well. He didn't get sacked but he was under constant pressure and was throwing the ball into coverages. Yall's d-line is like jekly and hyde, one game they completely dominate the tempo of the game, the next game not so much.

Not taking away from the 4 sacks, thats impressive, but there is some misunderstood thing with mobile QB's, they usually get sacked more than good pocket presence QB's due to holding onto the ball for to long.

Got whipped??by florida,i dont think so and the stats from the game bear that out. Todd gurley went for over 100 yards against the gators. I was there in jacksonville and i can tell you our o line opened up huge holes in the florida line,defensively we sacked jeff driskell(one of the most mobile qb,s in the nation)four times. Because of the constant pressure we put on him throughout the game he was intercepted three times as well. He was hurried and chased all afternoon that day. The first half of the season i would agree with you(s.c.) but as we got all our players back from suspension we gelled nicely on defense,the florida game proved that. Our offensive line has performed well from start to finish,only getting better as the season has progressed. If keith marshall saw more playing time we would have two 1,000 yard backs in a single season. And both freshman,very impressive in my opinion. Without quality play from our o line those guys wouldve had a much tougher time of it this year.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Bamamc1is right. I've seen ND play four games this year. They should have lost twice already, though they did not and that is a tribute to something in them. I do not think they would be able to keep up with the team speed of the top four or five SEC teams. Brent was gushing over what they did Saturday night to a fairly mediocre (and not very well-coached) USC team and that game was close deep in the 4th quarter. I'd say they'd be about 3rd or 4th in the SEC West, depending on what goofy decisions the Hat made. TA&M might boat race them right now. UGA would beat them if Murray had a good night. I think we would beat them, mostly by forcing them to crowd the line and then throwing over them. They and Florida would be a great game, probably turning out about like the FSU game. I think they beat USCe with Lattimore out and Clowney hurting. But I wouldn't bet on that game.

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
I actually think that we match up better with you guys than with Georgia.

We provide matchups on offense that will be difficult for any defense. No one can single cover Tyler Eifert. And I mean nobody. He is a first round TE. Once that matchup is accounted for, we can pretty much throw the ball to any receiver we want. And our #1 receiver will be back for the NCG anyway. Not to mention, we have 3 RB's that have had multiple 100 yd games this season, and if you watched the U$C game, you saw what Theo Riddick is capable of. And there is the mobile QB to account for.

On defense, I would agree that we won't be able to drop back safeties like we did against U$C. That is why the holes in the middle were open for U$C to run the ball. We had to watch Lee & Wood. When not dropping back our safeties, we shut down Stephan Taylor and Leveon Bell, and any other RB b/c 1) we have a solid front 7, and 2) we didn't have to worry about 2 NFL ready WR's like Lee and Wood for U$C. With Bell out and really only Cooper to worry about for you guys in the passing attack, I think we would match up pretty well on D.

Our red zone scoring was skeptic against USC, but if we improve in the next 44 days I think there are solid matchups all along the field. We have faced speed (Miami, Oklahoma) and power (Stanford, MSU) this year. I understand that because we had close games, there is room to be skeptical. But to think that we wouldn't beat any of the top 4 teams in the SEC? That is insanity.

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
LBs that run 4.5 40s aren't seen much outside the SEC...they tend to neutralize TEs...
Right. I don't doubt that Mosley, Dickson and co. could neutralize in some sitations. But Eifert causes a matchup problem no matter what. Besides Chris Gragg, there really isn't any other TE's in SEC in top ten in CFB. Mayyybbee Lutzenkirchen, but not really. And with Arkansas passing attack this year, I don't think Bama has seen a player quite like Eifert. I'm not saying he's going to dominate, I'm just saying he causes matchup problems.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.