Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Georgia Dome parking

Sorry if this already been discussed but where is the best place to park for the SEC championship game if we arrive around noon and want to head towards Montgomery right after the game?

Obviously safe and convienant. Thank you very much! RTR
    "The first fifty yards I was praying no one would catch me, the last fifty yards I was praying that someone would." Lee Ozmint

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Georgia Dome parking

This morning they were still selling parking passes at www.gadome.com. The lots just around the Dome are fine, but don't got too far away unless you are parking back toward downtown. (east of the dome) Getting out after the game is really not too bad.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILE-BAMA View Post
    Sorry if this already been discussed but where is the best place to park for the SEC championship game if we arrive around noon and want to head towards Montgomery right after the game?

If it were me I'd check out MARTA, (http://www.itsmarta.com). You can park at whatever station is convenient to where you're coming in from and ride MARTA right to the GA Dome. Coming in from Montgomery on I85 you'd probably want to look at the Airport or College Park stations. You'd probably be half way back to Montgomery before people parking near the GA Dome even get out of downtown.

BamaNation Second Team tru2bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

We come from B'ham and park at a Marta station West of ATL then ride in. Leaving the dome is easy because most of the foot traffic is going the other way.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!!

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Marta is the way to go; just be patient after the game; train traffic is thick afterwards, trains crowded

BamaNation First Team Rolltide_PA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

staying in decatur. anyone know if there is a marta station from there to GADOME?

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide_PA View Post
    staying in decatur. anyone know if there is a marta station from there to GADOME?
    Yes, there are several MARTA stations on the East/West line that go through Dekalb county (where Decatur is located). You can check out the map on http://www.itsmarta.com

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILE-BAMA View Post

If it were me (and I wish it was as I have no tickets) I would park in one of the surface lots around the intersection of Ivan Allen Blvd and Williams Street. This will be about a six or seven block walk for you but getting onto 75/85 south is going to be a breeze from there after you leave the game. If you park closer to the Dome you'll have to sit in traffic for a while trying to make it to one of the interstate on ramps.

BamaNation First Team Rolltide_PA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Im_on_dsp View Post
    Yes, there are several MARTA stations on the East/West line that go through Dekalb county (where Decatur is located). You can check out the map on http://www.itsmarta.com
    thanks, yeah just played around on google maps and looks like it's a straight shot on blue line. great suggestions guys...will be much easier and cheaper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigBama76 View Post
    If it were me I'd check out MARTA, (http://www.itsmarta.com). You can park at whatever station is convenient to where you're coming in from and ride MARTA right to the GA Dome. Coming in from Montgomery on I85 you'd probably want to look at the Airport or College Park stations. You'd probably be half way back to Montgomery before people parking near the GA Dome even get out of downtown.
    i would agree with this. from either the college park or east point station, it is very easy to get to I-85 south towards montgomery.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Just a warning to anyone riding MARTA this year--don't fight anyone over a seat. Last year after the SEC Championship game, a friend of mine--her sister in law--was nearly beaten to death by a woman over her seat. The woman entered the train and was clearly under the influence of something and demanded my friend's SIL get up. She refused and the woman proceeded to beat her unconscious while numerous bystanders sat there and watched. A few tried to get the crazy woman off of her, but she was so jacked up on whatever drug it was that they could not pull her off. It wasn't until the got to the next station and police were notified that they were finally able to rescue her. It took several police tazers to knock the crazy woman out so she could be arrested.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your replies.

We rode MARTA after the Clemson and Va Tech games but were headed north. I remember they weren't too bad b/c most of the Clemson and VTech fans had left pretty early. Hope that's the case Saturday with the Dawg fans
    "The first fifty yards I was praying no one would catch me, the last fifty yards I was praying that someone would." Lee Ozmint

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I worked above the Hard Rock Cafe during the 1996 Olympics and rode MARTA everyday for a month. I have never experienced any problems during 5 years of living there and riding MARTA for different events/reasons, etc. The only thing you must do on a game day is be patient. It will make you crazy if you try to be in a hurry. We are staying at the Hyatt, well within walking distance, but if we feel lazy, we can jump on MARTA as well.