Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation All-American BamaMoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Georgia Dome parking

Quote Originally Posted by bamabelle1991 View Post
    Just a warning to anyone riding MARTA this year--don't fight anyone over a seat. Last year after the SEC Championship game, a friend of mine--her sister in law--was nearly beaten to death by a woman over her seat. The woman entered the train and was clearly under the influence of something and demanded my friend's SIL get up. She refused and the woman proceeded to beat her unconscious while numerous bystanders sat there and watched. A few tried to get the crazy woman off of her, but she was so jacked up on whatever drug it was that they could not pull her off. It wasn't until the got to the next station and police were notified that they were finally able to rescue her. It took several police tazers to knock the crazy woman out so she could be arrested.
    A few? 3 or 4 people couldn't pull a woman off of another woman???

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    A few? 3 or 4 people couldn't pull a woman off of another woman???
    That is what I asked, too. The woman who was attacked was with one of her girl friends so she wasn't much help. She said that the attacker was nuts--like she was on LSD laced crack or something. The people who tried to help her could not get the woman off of her. They described the attacker acting like a rabid animal. The majority of the people on the train just sat there and watched. They were afraid to step in. It happened pretty fast between stops--the first stop after the Dome isn't a long distance--so the police were able to act quickly but it took quite a bit of force to get the woman off of the victim.

ETA: She had to have metal plates put in her face because her cheek bones were crushed and she had a brain bleed. It was horrific.

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Call me an elitist or whatever but the last thing I want to do is to be packed like cattle into a crowded MARTA train after spending 3+ hours packed into the Dome. There are going to be huge lines to get on the trains. Instead, park in one of the surface lots near Ivan Allen Blvd and Williams street, have a nice stroll after the game, and then jump right onto I75/85.

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Im_on_dsp View Post
    Call me an elitist or whatever but the last thing I want to do is to be packed like cattle into a crowded MARTA train after spending 3+ hours packed into the Dome. There are going to be huge lines to get on the trains. Instead, park in one of the surface lots near Ivan Allen Blvd and Williams street, have a nice stroll after the game, and then jump right onto I75/85.
    You aren't an elitist! You are a realist!!

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I always stop at the Hamilton Holmes MARTA stop and go in. Gravy train.

Post Thanks / Like

How much do those lots cost and will there be open spots around noon?
    "The first fifty yards I was praying no one would catch me, the last fifty yards I was praying that someone would." Lee Ozmint

BamaNation First Team Rolltide_PA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

General Parking Information

• If you have an advanced parking pass it will be for a designated lot. The parking pass is valid only for the lot designated on the parking pass.
    • Open parking is available on a first come / first serve basis in the Yellow Lot.
    • When entering the parking lot it is important to follow the directions of the parking staff. A parking pass is valid for one spot and are for vehicles only. Parking spaces cannot be reserved or saved for guests arriving at a later time.
    • There are no in/out privileges. Once your vehicle has entered the lot, the permit will not be accepted again for entrance.
    • Vehicles must be parked in marked spaces or as directed by parking staff.
    • All parking lots will open at 6:00 a.m. for the SEC Championship GameLots open to the Public
      Yellow Lot ($8)
      Handicapped Accessible Parking
      Silver Lot, Red Deck - $10
      Motorcoach/RV/Limo Parking
      Marshalling Yard - $90 (6 spaces)

Ba

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TideWatcher View Post
    Marta is the way to go; just be patient after the game; train traffic is thick afterwards, trains crowded
    yeah i am taking marta from the dunwoody station. it's a good ride in and you get release outside of the perimeter and can jump on 285 and head home, etc.. fans just need to be patient on the way out.. marta is very very congested, but i still like it a lot better than driving in unless i have a plan to bring the grill and tailgate.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by dawgsfan1973 View Post
    yeah i am taking marta from the dunwoody station. it's a good ride in and you get release outside of the perimeter and can jump on 285 and head home, etc.. fans just need to be patient on the way out.. marta is very very congested, but i still like it a lot better than driving in unless i have a plan to bring the grill and tailgate.
    Going to be awesome to Ramma Jamma the UGA fans on the way back on Marta ;-). We did that to the Florida fans in 09. They were pretty cool about it and told us to stomp Texas' guts out.

You're right though, Marta is the way to go unless you just enjoy sitting in traffic. If the train is too crowded, just wait, have a snort or two from the flask and take the next one.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILE-BAMA View Post
    How much do those lots cost and will there be open spots around noon?
    There are a number of them so I can't say for sure. I think they jack up the prices a little bit for football games but I think they'll be in the $5 to $10 range.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

There are a number of them so I can't say for sure. I think they jack up the prices a little bit for football games but I think they'll be in the $5 to $10 range.
    For this, be expecting $15. Been my experience in the past. Which is why I now the Marta thing.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

Post Thanks / Like

Bump. ROLL TIDE!!
    "The first fifty yards I was praying no one would catch me, the last fifty yards I was praying that someone would." Lee Ozmint

BamaNation All-SEC bamagradinATL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I wouldn't advise driving to the game Saturday night. There is also a concert at Philips Arena. Traffic will be a mess. Take MARTA, Its Smarta!