Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Auburn Coaching Search. Must Read!!!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/21141063/anyone-offered-auburn-job-at-this-time-place-would-be-a-fool-to-
    take-it

" Trying to find a coach smart enough to compete with Nick Saban -- without finding a coach dumb enough to think he actually can. "

the truth hurts!!
    Last edited by sanjosecrimson; November 26th, 2012 at 04:55 PM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Auburn Coaching Search. Must Read!!!

Linked in another thread.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Gregg Doyel is an idiot, but even a broke clock is right twice a day.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It is being reported in Little Rock that John L Smith has turned down the au job.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Thats just classic.
    Live your life like you wish you had.

BamaNation All-SEC TriCountyTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post

" Trying to find a coach smart enough to compete with Nick Saban -- without finding a coach dumb enough to think he actually can. "

the truth hurts!!
    Indeed that was the definition of a burn! I didn't LoL. I DELOL'D(Dr. Evil laughed out loud)
    The avatar picture is of my Daughter Hailee and me. My daughter is a future Crimson Tide cheerleader

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    That might be the quote of the year....
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

BamaNation All-American

Only a fool would take the Auburn job (CBS News Article)

Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

BamaNation All-American

Re: Only a fool would take the Auburn job (CBS News Article)

On a side note, my brother and I were talking and we were thinking about how rough it will be the coach at AU.

Think about it - AU truly recruits in three areas, not nationally like us - Florida, Georgia, and Alabama. Normally, there's enough athletes to spare.

But now UGA is flying high, even higher than before. Recruiting will be tough there.
    UF is back to the top of the SEC East, and FSU is looking good. Florida will soon be a tough sell.
    Alabama is locked up by, well, Alabama. The absolute best recruits from this state pretty much have always gone with the Tide, save years of NCAA troubles, and now it's not uncommon for us to get 10 of the top 12 athletes from the state.

Auburn is going to be the hardest job to slide into in the SEC. They'll probably hunt for someone "just good enough" to get by for now, and wait until Saban retires.
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

BamaNation All-American formersoldier71's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The author may be a willing candidate....
    That Tennessee job is no joke. Neither is the one at Arkansas. North Carolina State and California also are attractive positions. But none has the cache of Auburn...
    I wasn't an English major, but I believe the word he wanted to use is cachet. And the concept of the barn having cachet is laughable. Maybe he did mean cache, as in the barn has a cache of money and steaks to give to their players.

Staring at each other from 160 miles away, fans of both schools expecting to beat the other. Beating the other means competing for SEC and national titles, but that's just an added benefit. The most important thing in the state, if you're an Alabama fan, is to beat Auburn. And if you're an Auburn fan, it's beating Alabama.
    Wrong. Beating the barn is certainly enjoyable, but conference and national titles are not an added benefit; they are the goal for Alabama. Alabama doesn't have 22 SEC titles and 14 National titles because of an obsession with the barn.
    Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

I like it and it sums the situation up nicely.
    An atheist is a man who has no invisible means of support. John Buchan

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Well, I disagree...I think the NCAA investigation will play a huge part in the selection process. Francheesy only used Bama as a stepping stone; looks very good on a resume, didn't work out too well for him, though. A cautionary tale for anyone wanting the job at the Barn.
    And there goes another fruitcake talking about the "tradition" at the Barn..."tradition" of what, cow-tipping? Being tied for third place (soon to be tied for 2nd) on the list of the most penalized NCAA athletic departments? Please...

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Guz Malzahn's wife is a fool, does that count? I really believe this is their man. He has the perfect personality for the job, a little bit sleazy and from listening to his wife he does not have problems letting others wear the pants. He could bring them 8 win seasons and an occasional 10 win if he gets one of the rare dual threats that are good in the clutch.

Just a snippet for old time sake, I slowed it down a tad for full effect