News Article: Only a fool would take the Auburn job (CBS News Article)

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
I think their lack of effort is indicative of the fact that the players have dirt on the coaches. Hard to keep discipline when a subordinate has dirt on you.

HMM

All-SEC
Sep 1, 2007
Loved this part of the article:
Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Fisher went on the record yesterday saying he is "off the market" and that he is very happy at FSU. Is this just a smoke screen?
I guess the only answer is "who the hell knows?" He may be off the market and just using AU for a raise and more power (we've certainly been used that way). Or, as you say, it may just be a smoke screen. I hear his wife and family want out of FSU and back to AU. TIFWIW...

Stonewall1959

2nd Team
Oct 5, 2005
Macon, Georgia
I can't imagine life being any better in Auburn. My sister-in-law lives there and can't stand it. If it weren't for her husband being from there and somewhat elderly she would be out of there in a heartbeat. They spend all their time at the beach or in the mountains. I would never live there unless I was homeless and they were giving out free ones.
I lived there for a year because my wife (at the time) was going to nursing school there and I'd found a really good job. I just can't relate the experience to you very well on this forum because I can't seem to talk about it without cursing. I blame it on being young and stupid. Let's just say that one day a miracle happened and an old employer of mine called me out of the blue and offered me a promotion and a raise if I'd come back to work for him in my home town of Enterprise.

I was gone in a week.

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
"Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you." My favorite line.

Crimson-Blitz

All-American
Jul 19, 2001
Hsv, AL, U.S.A.
- they couldn't be worse next year than this year -
I disagree. The depth of the problems at Auburn are epic. It's a dumpster fire that runs from the players, up through the coaching staff, and settles at the top with the puppet masters. Auburn's problems are institutional, and will not be fixed by a coaching hire.

There isn't a coach in college football that can fix Auburn in its current state, including Saban. Petrino is an idiot if he takes this job.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Agreed. So long as Pat Dye is partially running that team, they're are hosed from the top down.

If they love him that much, they should just make him coach again.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.