Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Tolerant on TideFans.com

Re: Orange Bowl Nightmare possability - Kent State vs. Ga Tech

The Big East champ (chump?) wouldn't be knocked out in this nightmare scenario. Both Kent St and the Big East champ would be automatic qualifiers and there would be one less slot for an at large team, like OU. (Both SEC teams in the BCS are expected to be automatic qualifiers.)

The last bowl in the rotation is usually forced to take the Big East champ, because somebody must take them and the early picking bowls won't take them. This time, the Sugar would likely take the Big East team to play UF, leaving the Orange Bowl stuck with Kent State.

2. Advertisement

CNS has no problem with Kent State in the Orange bowl.

But if they were taking a spot from us...

BamaNation First Team

I would love to see Geo T beat FSU and Kent St win and get to #16. This would be the ultimate insult to the BCS whose rules are very stupid. I don't have a problem with the mid majors. The biggest problem I have is with the big least getting an auto ban. Over the last few years most of the high ranted non auto qualifing teams were beter than the big least champ.

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
    The Big East champ (chump?) wouldn't be knocked out in this nightmare scenario. Both Kent St and the Big East champ would be automatic qualifiers and there would be one less slot for an at large team, like OU. (Both SEC teams in the BCS are expected to be automatic qualifiers.)

The last bowl in the rotation is usually forced to take the Big East champ, because somebody must take them and the early picking bowls won't take them. This time, the Sugar would likely take the Big East team to play UF, leaving the Orange Bowl stuck with Kent State.

Yeah, I stand corrected. I interpreted the rule as "in place of" rather than "in addition to". Really makes a lot of sense. Instead of replacing an unranked AQ with a Top 16 non-AQ, and having just one inferior team, they add another and have two inferior teams.

BamaNation First Team Snuffy Smith's Avatar

Orange Bowl Nightmare possibility - Kent State vs. Ga Tech

The very idea that the Big Easy conference champion gets an AQ is an absolute joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Orange Bowl Nightmare possibility - Kent State vs. Ga Tech

Honestly, if we don't win the SEC, then I'm ok with us getting a minor bowl. Not saying we deserve it but we can do better and it is in our control to determine it.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS