Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Latest Bama News 11/27/12

Fans going to Atlanta are reminded by the SEC to be careful when purchasing championship game tickets on the secondary market. As usual, the title game at the Georgia Dome is a sellout. Counterfeit tickets are out there and will not be honored. When buying tickets on the secondary market, fans are advised to look for the authentic SEC holographic foil on several locations of the tickets. Two strips of the foil are located at the top of the ticket. The championship game logo in the middle of the ticket also contains the foil. Within the foil, the SEC circle logo and the words "Southeastern Conference" should be visible to the human eye when rotating the ticket back and forth. The SEC and Georgia Dome are offering a "Ticket Validation Window" at the main box office beginning at 10 a.m. on Saturday.
    Tide notebook: Freshman wide receiver Chris Black back practicing - Dothan Eagle: Alabama

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Senior Bowl executive director Phil Savage said the all-star game was considering breaking with its tradition and extending invitations to certain juniors, if the NFL gives its approva
    Phil Savage: Senior Bowl has interest in inviting fourth-year juniors-al.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The freshman wide receiver has been cleared for contact. Whether he plays Saturday against Georgia remains to be seen.
    Watch Chris Black, no longer in a black jersey, and the rest of Alabama's wide receivers at practice (video)-al.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Maybe the most important play in Alabama's 49-0 win over Auburn came early in the third quarter. Lined up at the Tigers' 38, AJ McCarron threw deep to receiver Kevin Norwood, who had a couple of steps on an Auburn defensive back. Norwood made the catch in stride and rolled into the end zone for a touchdown. With speedy receiver Kenny Bell out with a broken leg suffered against Auburn, Alabama could use another deep threat to go along with freshman Amari Cooper, and Norwood showed ont hat play he's healthy and ready to provide one. Since the third game of the season, Norwood has struggled with a leg injury he said he doesn't know precisely how he hurt. But in the week leading up to Saturday's win over Auburn, he was able to work out every day. On Saturday, he caught five passes for 65 yards and a pair of touchdowns against the Tigers.

Alabama may need Kevin Norwood as much as ever Saturday-Daily Bama Blog

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

If it were up to Alabama coach Nick Saban, the loser of Saturday's SEC championship between his second-ranked Crimson Tide and No. 3 Georgia would be headed to a BCS bowl game. But with the way things will probably shake out, No. 4 Florida, which has beaten four top-10 BCS schools this season, is likely headed to the Allstate Sugar Bowl, while Saturday's loser will probably fall to the Capital One Bowl. "It's not really a great scenario," Saban said on Sunday. "You play your way into the [SEC] championship game, which means you're the best team in your division. ... It doesn't seem quite right, but it is what it is. I don't really know what me commenting about it is going to do to change it. But I don't feel good about it." Florida coach Will Muschamp, a former Saban assistant, has a solution. "Well, I can switch and go to Atlanta if he doesn't want to go to Atlanta and play the Dawgs," Muschamp said Monday. "Be careful what you ask for, Nick."

Will Muschamp tweaks Nick Saban-SEC BLOG ESPN

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Does anyone expect a lot of finger-pointing this week? After all, Georgia never offered a scholarship to an in-state player who has been a member of two national championship teams at Alabama. But that happens in recruiting.
    Alabama Took Big Chance In Recruiting-BamaMag

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

When you talk about the ongoing searches at Arkansas, Auburn, Kentucky and Tennessee a number of the same names keep popping up. Yesterday, the men behind some of those names tried to prevent further popping.Examples:

SEC COACHING CAROUSEL UPDATE 11/27/12 (DENIALS ABOUND)-MRSEC

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Both teams are pretty much even athletically, and it could come down to the better coach and game planner in preparation for this national semifinal game. Nick Saban or Mark Richt who are you taking?

SEC Championship Game Preview: Alabama vs. Georgia

A&M hangover. Can't wait 'til next season at Kyle field...revenge is best served cold.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Last edited by kyallie; November 27th, 2012 at 10:44 AM.